29,640 posts

where will you be headed?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

I'll be staying in North Carolina at least until June for work. I'm still working out the details but I'm hoping my next destination will be Washington state. I do want to go to the national rainbow gathering but we'll have to see how things work out first. It sure will be a long drive. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

its right next to Washington and  you can do it in about 40-48 hours if you have multiple drivers and don't stop much..

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

I'm feeling a bit bummed today. I went into town and got looked at with disgust all day by judgmental people. Hawaii was easy with its relaxed aditude and open thinking but small southern towns are hard. Makes me want to get out of here even more.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

just laugh at how boring and closed minded they are and flaunt how cool and open minded you are.. you need to be there so they  see theres more to life then being boring and conformists

--
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
7 years ago
60 posts

I can understand the small town crowd.  Here in Eastern NC we are really rural.  But I have to remind myself that I chose to do dreadlocks because it increases my sense of beauty, not everyone else's.  People will always judge what is different to them.

I for one think they look awesome for 4 months and you are on track to have some really killer looking dreads in the future.  

If you ever feel judged come see me at the beach before you go!  We can frolic in the ocean and let the sun dry our hair.  My dreads will hit 1 year come May, my husband will be at 2.5 years, another guy at church has had his for 15 years, and I just connected with another cool chick in Jacksonville who is about 2 months in now.

I will be posting some updated pics soon to show my progress.  We can be dreadlocked "freaks" together!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

just laugh at how boring and closed minded they are and flaunt how cool and open minded you are.. you need to be there so they  see theres more to life then being boring and conformists

3_little_birds2316:

I can understand the small town crowd.  Here in Eastern NC we are really rural.  But I have to remind myself that I chose to do dreadlocks because it increases my sense of beauty, not everyone else's.  People will always judge what is different to them.

I for one think they look awesome for 4 months and you are on track to have some really killer looking dreads in the future.  

If you ever feel judged come see me at the beach before you go!  We can frolic in the ocean and let the sun dry our hair.  My dreads will hit 1 year come May, my husband will be at 2.5 years, another guy at church has had his for 15 years, and I just connected with another cool chick in Jacksonville who is about 2 months in now.

I will be posting some updated pics soon to show my progress.  We can be dreadlocked "freaks" together!

Thank you guys. I apriciate it more than you realize. I feel a bit better today. I was stared at but got my first ever compliment. Felt pretty good. 

fundoo
@fundoo
7 years ago
41 posts

SE-great idea with the necklace! and the words of encouragement about the hairline taking forever to dread up! (is there a reason I can't "like" posts anymore, or am I just dumb? :P)

AMP,

I am extremely jealous of your curly and quickly dreading mane! (i have stick straight and I feel like I've just begun what many, like you, experience in a couple of months!...but it's getting there. I mean, takes awhile, but it is doing it's thing.) Anyway, It's just awesome your progress and looks great! :) 

updated by @fundoo: 02/21/17 02:02:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

u can like posts below the box to reply

--
fundoo
@fundoo
7 years ago
41 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

u can like posts below the box to reply

oh, but is that for a single post or for the whole thread (the original post)?? I meant for liking individual posts to a thread. I thought I did it before. maybe not.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form