Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect Locs.

JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Wel here we have a lot of the loc type hair dos so I guess certain people think mine should look like that. People that like dreadlocks tell me all the time how much they like them though. But honestly they are for me and I just ignore the negativity that comes along with it sometimes. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

the only negativity i ever experienced (except from my mom) was all online..mostly locticians

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

You must live in a really awesome place. I will move away from this area one day when the time is right. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

well i had the same experience while living in the ass crack below the bible belt

and really everywhere i traveled

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

JT:

I especially like it when people without dreadlocks need to tell me I ought to get mine done or re twisted, as if they were ever twisted to begin with, or they say oh are you letting them grow out, like they know something about my hair. I usually just give the no I like my hair natural and don't like it messed with it. Or if I want to be funny I say I just forgot to brush it this morning. 

So true. A couple months into my journey I had a hair stylist tell me (at a bar mind you)  how they'd soon all lock together and I'd need them to be cut apart because it'd get to my scalp and cause lots of problems... I don't want to assume but I'd say it's  safe bet she's never once had dreadlocks herself and she most definitely had no clue what she was talking about... My cousin who does hair also refused to help me separate in the beginning. In hind sight I'm glad she refused, but it wasn't for my own good, she was disgusted by my choice. Very judgmental.

I either get compliments or dirty looks lol Makes no difference to me. I took this journey for 3 reasons. I hated brushing my hair, it hurt and cutting is not an option for me. I wanted to as natural as possible in everything I do in my life, it's a part of bigger shift in my life. Perk is I've always liked dreads and wanted them for myself, the time finally came that I could let go of those few things that held me back in the past. I'm very happy with my choice!

updated by @peaceful-passer: 10/18/17 12:23:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i like your attitude :)

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus