dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Hi, 

I was at my local CVS pharmacy, to scout out my local shampoo options, which sadly seems to be the easiest place to find shampoos for dreads. I had a question about two that I found. One of them was a lavender bar soap by Yardley, and the other one was an olive oil shampoo, by ORC (and I'm not entirely certain if I am right on the brand, but I'm pretty sure) . After doing some online research I think the olive oil shampoo may contain Panthenol, and Lecithin, both of which I am unsure if they are good for dreads. So thus why I am asking the question here before I even decide to think about buying either of these products, as I would rather not waste money on them if I don't have to. is either of these products good for/safe for dreads? 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 03:09:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

the olive oil 1 would be extremely conditioning..so no

i never heard of either brand, but cvs isn't where id look for dread friendly shampoos

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So would that bar soap I found be possibly worth trying? (one bar of it is extremely cheap, which could be great...or really bad depending on the soap). Also, any advice on what kind of shops I could try to find locally that may have more dread friendly products?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

have you tried etsy?

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I haven't mainly because I've been trying to find something more local so as to avoid the expense of shipping that online purchases entail, but I'll take a look on there anyway, just to see what they have. If I find anything I may end up posting about it on this topic thread.  

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I did look into the products on etasy , some a reasonably priced, some are a little much. I was wondering if the soap at this link was any good?: https://www.etsy.com/listing/255708749/blood-orange-honeysuckle-soap-natural?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dreadlocks%20shampoo&ref=sr_gallery_34

I will keep etsy in mind for future use, I might still try that bar soap I found yesterday....after doing a bit more on it.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I found a blog post on here from one of the members that actually mentions the soap I talked about in the start of this topic I have included the link below: 

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/shade-of-ashes/blog/1382/6-month-journey

I would like to know anyone's thoughts on this as the soap is quite inexpensive and locally available. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

they look reasonably good and offers samples upon request

i'd ask her about hard water specificly

otherwise looks like a reasonably good 1

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So as per the link on here to that blog post entry on the soap by Yardley, would it possibly be worth a try?

I actually just found a link explaining what is in the soap and what the ingredients actually are (thankfully there aren't really any chemicals...I mean it may not actually be a vegan product, but that's ok for me): http://www.newenglandsoaps.com/tag/yardleys-english-lavender/

So with this new information would it be worth trying?

updated by @ravens-light: 09/16/16 09:24:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

for a commercial soap.it might be worth trying

--
 / 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus