Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fozbees freeform timeline

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

Hello everybody so somehow just realised there is this great section of the forum and thought I'd better get stuck in rather that just putting pictures up on to my profile home page!

I'm currently at the three week mark of the neglect process and things are going well!

A bit about me, I live in the Uk am 27 and currenty in a converted removal van having a bid for freedom!

So I'm hoping to do weekly updates but forgive me if I don't follow through as internet access may become rather spontaneous after the next week when were on the move again! (we have been staying outside my girlfriends work digs so have had actual if not slow internet for free!) plus there's that whole attention span thing..

so week one...

20160712_194829.jpg20160712_193149.jpg

updated by @fozbee: 07/29/16 08:14:19AM
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

week 2!

2 week natural dreading left.jpg2 week natural dreading right front.jpg2 week natural dreading right.jpg  

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

and week 3!

Snapshot_20160729_1.JPG.jpgSnapshot_20160729_3.JPG.jpgSnapshot_20160729_2.JPG.jpgSnapshot_20160729.JPG.jpg

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

hehe ok enough buggering around with pictures for a week, a few notes on my journey so far. So far I've been staying about 1 mile from the coast which has meant salty air and the occasional day by the beach and swimming in the sea and throughout I've had a wooly jumper on my pillow!

Week 1 pics were taken a day after a BS and ACV wash and rinse starting to curl up lovely and separate slightly!

By week 2 I've switched to using Dr Bronners and am washing almost daily with it for the extra knottiness of super clean hair, seems to be working hairs sectioning well and have proper goldilocks going on

Week 3, hairs still a touch damp after washing this morning, hairs getting rather knotty round the back not that you can see it in the photos but feels rather frizzy back there! I also like to make weird faces at the camera now and again...

also starting to worry about the Dr Bronners leaving a residue as I'm in a hard-water environ, thinking of doing BS ACV combo every 2 weeks - a month to combat though I may be overcomplicating things... I have a good water filter and have been using that water to dilute the bronners down to about 13-1 aprox but its not the water I use to rinse with... will have to keep an eye on it, advice is welcome!! I'm thinking of getting soaring eagles favourite shampoo shipped over but its pricey as I'm in the Uk so other alternatives or any tips at all are welcome!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

they are coming along good and this section was always very popular and active ..not as much recently wich sux so good to see your getting it going again

shampoos

some use certain lush bars successfully though i can't say wich ones

though 1 member wrote to lush, and the president of the company wrote back.. saying that technically no lush bars are dread safe.

that hasn't stopped some people from using them but theres only a few without sls in them, and fewer still that maybe low residue and low conditioning

i only mention them cause of the high availability there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

WEEK 5!

so i missed last weeks update, i was in a field :p but here a re a few extra pics to make up for it. I have recently stopped washing my hair every day as the Dr Bronners was starting to build up residue and have switched to just rinsing everyday and washing with bronners every third day then baking soda once a week.. probably a bit too often but I've got some new shampoo on the way so hopefully that'll sort everything out that end! in other exciting news a guy in a pub asked me what came first the beard or the dreads, I was quiet surprised to hear them being recognised as dreads!! 

week 5 left.jpgweek 5 back.jpgweek 5 right.jpg

week 5 hang right.jpgweek 5 front.jpgweek 5 hang left.jpgwats that bright light in the sky.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well in just 5 weeks they are are getting recognizable as dreads

looking great

what shampoo i bet that might make even more diference

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

hey dude late reply, not had decent internet in too long!! parked up on a campsite that actually has Wifi so thought i had better up date, if you remember my thread for looking for shampoo in the uk it is the super dread stuff i found on Etsy  this one:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/276559546/super-dread-natural-dreadlock-shampoo?ref=shop_home

not been able to wash my hair every day though as we haven't been on a site and have been roving around the country, wales and then cornwall so the  washing regime has gone out the window and it gets washed when it can, sometimes 2 weeks between! shocking i know but progress is still occurring, heres some more pics! below

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

11.5 week update!!

Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 <a href=#3.jpg" title="Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 #3.jpg" border="0" style="margin: 0px;"> Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57.jpgPhoto on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 <a href=#4.jpg" title="Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 #4.jpg" border="0" style="margin: 0px;"> Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 <a href=#2.jpg" title="Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.57 #2.jpg" border="0" style="margin: 0px;">

Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.58.jpgPhoto on 25-09-2016 at 15.59.jpgPhoto on 25-09-2016 at 15.59 <a href=#2.jpg" title="Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.59 #2.jpg" border="0" style="margin: 0px;"> Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.58 <a href=#2.jpg" title="Photo on 25-09-2016 at 15.58 #2.jpg" border="0" style="margin: 0px;">

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

they are still coming along  great

but id try not to go over a week i know its not easy on the road

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form