Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread shampoo that ships from the UK

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

anyone found any good natural products for beginners in the uk without having them shipped over from america? I've heard the baking soda can bugger your hair up after a while and its a bit too much faffing around for me tbh.

its like 20-30quid to ship from the usually recommended site? i wanna be as natural as can be too so i know theres one, these guys:

http://www.dreadsuk.com/dreads-uk-shampoo.htm

but for some reason i don't trust em to be natural.. they don't say they are and they don't list their ingredients so I've sent em an email but not heard back yet, i wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to give out their ingredients.. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

that site is owned by the biggest scumbag in the world

the shampoo is far from natural and probably not good for your hair at all

but the site owner spams constantly and if you block him from spamming he goes all out to try to destroy your life

he has also tried forcing multiple site owners to shut down their sites and give him all their content, when they refused he said he would just plagiarize it anyway

even if the shampoo was worth buying i would never give that scumbag a cent

ive had to file police reports against him many times

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

lol i knew something wasn't right with them.. glad i asked.. i may just fork out for shipping from your recommended guys at this rate.. seems to be in the uk you can only get the shampoos that are frowned upon here or risk someones homemade soap... may have to look into the soap nuts thing I'm using them for laundry atm but wouldn't have a clue how to make a shampoo out of em, think i saw one guy on here saying he boiled em?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well what i was told was, you use them, for laundry a few times, then you put them in a bag and yes you can boil them  or just use them but they should be used a few times for other purposes before using as shampoo (i think...that's what i was told anyway)

the dreadlockshampoo.com ones really are the best

you can maybe try bronners but i think uk water sucks not only is it hard but alkaline too

bronners might work if your areas waters not too hard

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

might try the bronners i use a pretty pimping water filter in the van so that should take the lime out of the water and leave it soft but who knows till i try it? would rather have a no hassle just use it type thing but i think you can get brokers in some shops over here so... swings and roundabouts as we say in th uk (each has pros and cons :p)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

u live in a van?

yea a good filter should make bronners work just remember to dilute it properly

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

haha yeah i converted a removals van into a motorhome, free as a bird now!! ill get some pics onto my profile at some point, i may go the bronners route.. just to expensive for the shipping, like 23 dollars flat rate for orders between 10 and 45 dollars, i'd end up spending 78 dollars just to make the most of the shipping,and they won't except liability, plus who knows where ill be in 1-2 weeks, is a big window when it could get held up in customs for 0-2 weeks as well, it's a lot of effort for some shampoo!! or the soap nuts... not sure they'd be residue free.. would like to speak to a guy who'd used em for a while... specially as I'm just starting out so probably need to be extra careful when washing compared to people wh actually have dreads right!!

updated by @fozbee: 07/13/16 09:17:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

search the site for soap nuts

i grew up traveling around the country in a converted bread truck motorhome

i also bought a schoolbus to  travel in but never got it together enough

i'll get a new 1 someday

--
foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

awesome man! well i hope you can get on the road again if thats your wish if we were in the same country i could come along and help out but alas!!

anyway think i may have found a winner over here for he Dr Bronners 

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-bronner-peppermint-liquid-castile-soap-60004612

bronners seems to be the one that comes up time and time again and I'm impressed by this lovely ladies post!

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/heather-gamble/group_discuss/389/get-the-most-from-your-drbs

brush your teeth with it, wash your hair with it and shower with it? awesome!!

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

hmm they also have the tea tree so i may give that a go instead, unless anyone would advise otherwise? peppermint or tea tree?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form