Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok cool. Good to know I'm fine then, cause they didn't seem damp. Guess I can go back to using the warm setting when I do blow dry my hair. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I had a question about washing cycles as it relates to the time of the year. Now it's started to get into fall where I live, and I am wondering if I can still use my washing routine from summer (about ever 3 days days, which ends up being 2-3 times a week) for fall or if I should transition into my winter schedule? (which is about once a week, incidentally is it a bad idea to wash dreads twice a week in winter?)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on the dreads and how much you like shivering while waiting for them to dry

this fall at least here made a very sudden change from extreme heat to freezing in days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, it has gotten chilly where I am too. So it may end up being smart that will probably end up going to washing once a week (scalp itch depending, of course). I have found that simply rinsing with water in the warmer months in addition to the usual shampooing had been helpful....but yeah, I'd rather not freeze more than I need to. I think I may also stop doing the cold water rinses since it already getting cold...but i am unsure on that as it does help combat the itch.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea in winter i use warmer water just not hot

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I keep wondering since it is now getting colder how often I can and or should oil my scalp?...I often wonder that for the warmer months of the year as well. Any advice for the various seasons would be helpful.

Thanks!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

your scalp will tell you what it needs

yes all sorts of weather can make the scalp drier or more oily ..so you just have to go by what the scalps telling you ..if its extra dry  you can add a lil something to decrease the dryness

sometimes even the type of heat you use in winter can matter

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I figured I would just have to listen to my scalp....I mean so far it doesn't seem to be getting too dry. But obviously, I'm going to keep an eye on it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

unfortunately our plumbing caused our water pressure to drop severely  so lately washes have been 1/2 assed at best and my scalps acting up a lil as a result

at times the pressure drops completely as if you shut it off

so till that's fixed i can't do a real good washing  which sux bad

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

That does suck...it's moments like that, that I would have maybe simply done a water rinse more than doing actual shampooing, but since it is getting cold that could be a problem for actually getting the dirt off your scalp...although I've known people that claim that washing even with just water can still get dirt out of your hair....I'm not so sure on that.

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form