Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

ok, I will keep an eye out for any sort of stiff or hard spots in my hair and focus less on if a part is sticky as far as warning signs go.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/15/16 04:52:24PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have a question about ACV rinses, I know you can just use ACV when you have build-up, but how often could you get away with using ACV, I know it's on an as-needed basis but as a preemptive measure would it be good to do that like every 3 months or more or like every 6....or is it really just maybe once a year/as needed type of thing?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

every 3+ should be ok..

white vinegar with lavender oil maybe better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I don't readily have access to lavender oil, so can I just use white vinegar? but between apple cider vinegar and white which is better for removing build up or could I just use either? I ask because I do think I need to start doing some kind of cleanse on my hair again....as when I was doing the deep cleans every 2 months or so, my hair felt really good afterwards, and now that I know I can just use vinegar I kinda want to do one soon, as any possible hard spots would be nice to remove....as I am thinking I may have a few. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

srry my bad white with lavenders more for mildew not buildup yea acv would be best...maybe need caffeine not thinking clearly i guess..srry

either should be fine for buildup

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok cool, I will keep in mind I can use either vinegar, I'll try them both over time and see which one I like better. I was thinking of doing an ACV rinse soon, but I was wondering if on the off chance that I do one and then in a week or two realize I still have build up in my hair what's the soonest I can do one again to get the rest of it out if that happens? I know ya said about every 3 months or more is a reasonable timeframe, so I'm just curious for situations like the one above?

Also would using 1/4 of a cup of vinegar be enough, as that's the amount I had been using when I was doing my deep cleanses before, I'm not sure if that was enough or not, but it felt alright.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/16/16 04:52:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

that's enough and if you still feel like you have it a week later id switch shampoos and if it persists try a clarifying or anti residue just to get it out then stick with known good dread shampoos

i know your not in the ideal opposition to be picky ..so although ethically i9d never support knottyboy its probably the least harmful option that's easily obtainable

in all these years that's the 1 and only time i suggested them, but thats only cause of your personal situation... not an endorsement or encouragement to purchase them by anyone else who might read this

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, aside from knottyboy what other decent anti-residue shampoos are there for a good price? I will keep them in mind, and yeah I agree with ya I won't support them either, unless I have no other option, cause them and Dreadhead HQ promote some bad practices and in some cases just bad products. 

I did just look at knottyboy's products, their "all-purpose" soap's ingredients look a little similar to the type of stuff in my beer soap....so this shows me that my beer soap is probably no worse than their products, if not maybe a little better on my hair....also with thier shipping I'm not so sure even in a pinch it'd be worth it, I just looked and with their "all-purpose" soap it's $8+ $9.01 in shipping....which is crazy for a 4 oz bar....at that point I would rather buy from DLS, but I'm gonna just keep all this in mind...glad I looked into this....that's a pretty crazy price for a product that is only semi-safe...what a shame people just buy knottyboy's stuff thinking their getting a good deal and product. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

the all purpose soap is for those who chopped off waxed dreads ..its not for dreads.. its for people who used their products and no longer have dreads but for some reason still want to use their soaps

isn't dls like 10 oz or so they seem pretty hefty and large

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

dls bars are 5.5 oz (or there about according to the site). Good to know on the all purpose soap...I wasn't planning on getting thier products anyway, as the shiping is ridiculously pricy.

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form