Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Just after a wash. They are looking good. I think the soap I used (although it may be conditioning) might be ok. At least I hope so.

updated by @ravens-light: 10/13/16 09:58:39PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

My hair the day after my most recent wash, (had it back in a bandana most of the day, but that has always seemed to help get my loose hair to lay better. It feels actually pretty good from the soap I used, even though it was that beer soap I mentioned.) On a technical note, I have changed my profile picture a few times and when I look at all my posts it still shows an old one (at leat to me). I am wondering what could be the cause of that.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yesterday my hair felt really odd, as if it was overly dry, I'm unsure if it's from the weather or if it was due to having washed with that bar soap that could be too conditioning. I mean now I am pretty sure that I won't be using it on my dreads in the future, but I thought it was a good idea just to test it again to see what it would feel like....so that one will be used for a different purpose, good thing I have drbronners to use in the meantime while I wait to use up that beer soap so I will have an empty my soap bag for the new bar I bought. ...although it could be a while to wait, due to that soap being in a soap saver bag....lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

are you changing bo6th profile, and account photos

the dreads are looking good

odd beer would make them dry since its so healthy for the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

are you changing bo6th profile, and account photos

the dreads are looking good

odd beer would make them dry since its so healthy for the hair

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I'm not sure which photos I am changing I'll have to double check that. I may be wrong about the over drying. Looking back on that day it was cold out so I am thinking it could have been the weather doing that to my scalp, not the soap. 

Edit: I figured out my issue with the photos, I had only been changing the profile picture not the account picture as well. I didn't know the account picture is what shows up when you post things, LOL

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 03:22:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

try wearing em hanging to 1 side, then the other etc.. so they aren't always hanging split down the middle

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I'll try to do that.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have a question about build up, if a sticky feeling of a dread or part of a dread is a sign of build up, will that sticky feeling be there when the hair is dry too, or only when wet? I ask because I had thought I felt a sticky feeling in one of my dreads today after washing my hair, but I am really hoping it isn't build up already. Is it is possible that this isn't actually build up? (I had thought maybe I didn't get soap out of my hair, so I rinsed my hair a second time.)

updated by @ravens-light: 10/15/16 03:53:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it might just have needed more rinsing but the stickiness might not stay when dry instead a stiff or hard spot might form instead

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form