dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moisturize?

Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
9 years ago
37 posts

Hey hey,

I'm about a year and a half in to my natural journey and just have a quickie question.  I know the best method is to just let those babies be, but I've also seen some info regarding dreads sometimes needing to be moisturized if they start drying out and feeling prone to breaking.  Mine don't feel like they would break, necessarily, but they do feel very dry.  I'm thinking maybe I need to back off another day between washes to let the natural oils get in there a bit more.  I'm down to only two or three washes per week depending on what I'm doing and how much I'm perspiring - I work outside on the weekends from August through October.

My question is: Is there anything in addition to reducing the number of times I wash per week which might help with the issue?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

what is it you wash with

if dreadlockshampoo switch from liquid to bars

if thats not enough, jojoba oil  ..just a lil in alortta water and  pour on soak a fewsec to a couplemin depending how dry it is then partialy riunse out (dont doa full thouroufgh rinse   just a quick spray to remove excess and spread it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
9 years ago
37 posts

I have been using a generic, low-residue shampoo with zinc, no conditioner, no additional moisturizers of any kind, no hair products.

I'll look in to switching shampoo.  That might be just enough in itself.  Is there any in particular you would recommend, or should I look in to making my own?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.cfom is by far the best  the bars for mature dreads liquid for young dreads

with tyhe bars i rarely ever need anything else

--
Daniel2
@daniel2
8 years ago
62 posts

I was about to post the same question. I know dry hair is good for starting out, but by this point I don't consider being part in the early stage (28 months in), that being said I haven't once conditioned other than doing the bs/acv since the start, only to switch to the dreadlockshampoo bars this past July. 

Twice a month I use the Rot Knot liquid (I keep getting sebum buildup) and that stuff REALLY dries my dreads after I use it, or at least it feels like it. 

So a few questions: Has anyone tried the conditioning oils from Dollylocks?  Or is that store like any other trying to sell you the 'perfect dreadlocks' pitch? 

Also, now that winter is coming should I care for them differently? Cause I'm thinking they could be more vulnerable to cold weather, you know getting more dry. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

best options pure aloe (nly aloe nothmg else from the plant  r sold as food

only 1 ingredient

pr jojoba oil argon oil something like that

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus