Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlockssite mobile and tablet users

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if you generally use a mobile device like a phone or tablet to access dreadlockssite you should make an account on the new site http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com

this sites not complete yet, and does not have as mucvh info as the www version, however for making new posts or asking questions and posting photos it is greatly improved and designed specificly with mobile users in mind.

in the past year mobile trafic on dreadlockssite has increased to be between 50-75% of all total trafic.

the www.dreadlockssite.com/m mobile site sucks in comparison to the new site.

yes the www site has far more info and a functioning search, but the mobile version only provides access to a fraction of the wealth of info available.

in addition, posting new content using a mobile device has always been troublesome, and posting photos nearly impossible especialy on ipads and iphones

with the new site however mobile and pc users use the exact same site in the exact same way without limitations.

if you have an account on the main site use the same login info to create an account on the new site, this way both accounts will merge into 1 when we finaly upgrade.

there are features missing still on the new site.. videos (except youtube channel integration, wich we can feature a few more channels that are mostly dread related), a search feature, chat, and events.

these will be added slowly over the next several months.

however the features that are there are so vastly improved it makes up for whats still missing.

instead of 1 forums 1 blog 1 photo gallery etc we now have unlimited instances of each, with catagories added to photos blogs and groups.

the groups feature alone is so vastly improved with thier own unlimited forums blogs galleries etc (and once the events and vids are added groups will have thier own events calendars if desired) in addition groups can have unlimited custom pages so each group can function as a mini site all in itself

so if you are a mobile only user, consider joining both sites, but doing most of your posting on the new site.

you will have a much better experience

additionally, since we are upgrading soon to a mobile 1st design responsive grid technology site the apps for the old site are soon to be obsolete and at least 1 no longer works. so please use the new site instead.

members of dreadlockssite who use both pc and phone or only pc should also check the new site periodically to answer questions and reply to posts.

everyone should become familiar with using the new format as this will be the way the site will work once its completed and all features added.

the full site upgrade is still months away. i know i expected it to be completed 6 months to a year ago, but this is beyond my control. development of the core features is just taking way longer then expected, however updates are released every couple months and hopefully it will be finished and ready to use soon.

well...really it is ready to use now for mobile and tablet users ..well everyone, just not ready to fully migrate and merge the sites yet untill at least the video and events features are completed, otherwise we will lose all the data.

as soon as the events and videos are ready we will upgrade, even if it means not having a native search and chat for a few months.

so if you use a mobile or tablet as your primary way of accessing dreadlockssite you should do most of your posting on the new site at http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com

this will help in another very important way too.. with mobile trafic increasing drasticly month after month having far more content available on a much more mobile freiendly site will help everyone who visits the site using mobile devices.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jah-Jah Warrior
@jah-jah-warrior
10 years ago
7 posts
Blessed day my brother SEThe new site is looking nice
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

thnx i was very inspired and put a ton of work into styling it including styling this text editor wich no other sites done (and i know why it was a huge pain in the ass) n

i just cant wait till its finaly finished

the comparison on mobile between tyhe old and new sites especialy a drastic improvement

i absolutekly hatethe mobile site we have now its so limmited

out of 1.5 million pages the mobile site only lists about 7 thouusand on the new site its all one so mobile has full accesss to everything once everythings moved over

but i really hope ppl start adding more stuff to it daily now so it is more useful to mobiled users

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form