dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREADLOCKS ATTRACTING FLIES! WHAT SHOULD I DO

Fernandreads
@fernandreads
10 years ago
5 posts

Hello guys!

For several months i've been noticing that flies are being attracting to my dreadlocks.

Do you know what should be causing that? I'm desperate! It's so embarassing..

updated by @fernandreads: 01/13/15 10:05:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

1st guess uis u used honewy/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

what oils do u usewe u shouldf not use any anti redsidue shampoos unless u are removingresidues..they are toxic

also tghe needle methiods 1 of the worse things u can do

but tell m e what oilss u use and u might need to change them

citronela ofcourse repekls insencrts

oh had u ever used wax

there was a guy on fb thbat used wax and flies layed eggs in the wax he had a scalp covered in blood puss and maggots so could be the wax

if u used wax or honety thsats my guess

or just the oils u use

--
Fernandreads
@fernandreads
10 years ago
5 posts

I never use wax or honey.

I've been using lavanda, tea tree and rosemary for 3 or 4 weeks. 2 times in a deep clean with soda and etc. and I made a mixture with sme drops of these 3 oils + water since I discovered that my dreadlocks are fill with mold inside em.

I applied apple cide vinegar tree times on different weekends but I think it would take a little longer to kill it all.

Could be the mold smell that is attracting the flies? Cause I asked some people to smell my dreads and none of them felt a strong smell. Actually the most of them told me that smell like nothing.

I was using a non residue shampoo with apple essence or smell (I don`t know how to describe in english) but I stopped to use it for 1 week now. I read somewhere that this shampoos could attract fruit flies.

So, what can you tell me? I'm going to buy the citronela oil. But what if it does not resolve the problem?

Oh, my dreads are 3 years old now and I got some thick ones. Will I be able to remove mold from the thick and stiff ones? Not just kill, but remove it too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

mold might only smell when damp

rot knot will get rid of the m

then use a dread shampoo after using the rot knot

rot knot saturate them squeezing it into them u can use an entire bottle if needed

then rinse well and wash with the dread soap wait noi soak in the rot knot at least 10-15 minutes before you rinse

how long and often had you used the needle and how long ago did you stop

they are only stiff cause u crochetted i hope u stopped

also apple shampoos that arent made for dreads can leave resid\ues a ling time

ok 1 get a clarifying oranti residue shampoo that will remove residues only use it once or twice

--
Fernandreads
@fernandreads
10 years ago
5 posts

I'm from brasil, we do not have this brand of shampoos here.

I use the needle since I got my dreads, and if I stop using it my dreads look a mess.

I have too much hair and they will not sit if I don't use it...

Until a while ago i was doing the crochette while they were damp. I discovered by the hard way that's the worst mistake you could do. What can I use to replace rot knot? I have a lot of hair, maybe I should put more apple cide and live it for more time?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they look a mess because u are destroyingthem everytime u crochet you break hairs then have to crochet those broken hairs in again breaking more

if youvce crochetted for 3 years the recovery times going to take many years

the stiffness might take as much as 10 years to go away

the looking a mess might take a year or 2 or 3 to go away'

your causing the mess ..your causing it to bbe 10 times worse then if u never crocghetted at all

and if u continue they will eventuakly be so weak they fall off

at this point not 1 hair at the end is still connected to the head

you broke every single hair

i cant stress enoubgh how important it is to stop and let them get messy

now you can try 3/4 white vinasger 1/4 water so its very strong and a strong lavander like 30 drops and soak a good long time 24 hours even but its not as good as rot knot wich u would have to oerder online

--
Fernandreads
@fernandreads
10 years ago
5 posts

Allan said:

Fernando, voc tem certeza que so fungos? ou pequenos fiapos brancos? quando eu desfiz o trabalho de croch aqui eu encontrei pequenas linhas brancas aglomeradas no interior, e eu pensei que fossem fungos, mas no eram, eram fiapos provavelmente de toalha, cobertor etc. para espantar insetos como o SE sugeriu citronela uma boa, para tratar fungos existem tambm leos essenciais que ajudam Cravo, Cedro e Flor de laranjeira entre outros (o leo essencial de alecrim tambm a ntifngico ). poste algumas fotos se possvel.

Cara, provavelmente so fungos pq fui inocente e fiquei um perodo lavando e no deixava secar direito.

Era uma coisa meio amarela e branca e tava bem no meio dos dreads...

Voc acha que no devo mais fazer manuteno tambm? Nem se for com algum especializado?

Fernandreads
@fernandreads
10 years ago
5 posts

soaring eagle said:

they look a mess because u are destroyingthem everytime u crochet you break hairs then have to crochet those broken hairs in again breaking more

if youvce crochetted for 3 years the recovery times going to take many years

the stiffness might take as much as 10 years to go away

the looking a mess might take a year or 2 or 3 to go away'

your causing the mess ..your causing it to bbe 10 times worse then if u never crocghetted at all

and if u continue they will eventuakly be so weak they fall off

at this point not 1 hair at the end is still connected to the head

you broke every single hair

i cant stress enoubgh how important it is to stop and let them get messy

now you can try 3/4 white vinasger 1/4 water so its very strong and a strong lavander like 30 drops and soak a good long time 24 hours even but its not as good as rot knot wich u would have to oerder online

Thx so much for the help!

I didn`t understand if is 3/4 a cup of vinegar or 3/4 of the total that I will put in bucket or something like that.

Should I stop maintaining even with a specialized person? Like 4 in 4 months

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form