29,640 posts

foxthe new sites almost ready and will have shops built into every profile

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fox2
@fox2
9 years ago
7 posts

That sounds great, SE! Can I set it up as a gallery and process my orders through Etsy still? It's much easier when everything is in one place.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

why would you want to

etsy takes 40 cents per item every 4months just to list them then takes 2.5% after sale and has an undisclosed advertisinjg fee

we have no listing fees unlimited listings in both duration and quantity

we take 1% after sale and if u want to be featured..wich is the same as advertised we take 3%

plus if you wantwe offer a domain mapping service so u can map a domain to that shop

(might have a subscription fee for that ..not sure yet but it will be very affordable)

plus all your shops activity will show upo in the main sitres activity wether on its own domain or not

plus we will become the go to place for dread vids and products and info (its a huge upgrade) u can login now modify account choose a shop type and set up shop but it wont be able to sell till we switch over and get the ssl security added and enablethe order processing

oh u can modify your shop with its own design and eventualy ill be building in a ton more control into the site design tools

temp url www.greentechnologyforums.com use same login

when u enable shops it alows u to create a second profilelinked to your user account that has the shops enabled click add profile

this new profike is your shop

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

forgot to mention the main shops page lists featured shops 1st then random shops then highest rated products newest products random products hopefully il be able to also add most recently purchased most erecently viewed

um what else oh ofcourse u have a forums blogs gallery faqs vids

blogging about your products your creative process etc oh and yea events u can add sales to events they show up in the main site events as well as your own

iud justoput a link on etsy saying we moved here and why and the dls shops will really take off

--
Fox2
@fox2
9 years ago
7 posts

Maintaining my Etsy shop is important to me. I suppose I could list in both places, though that is twice the amount of work to maintain two shops. Still, I would consider doing both for sure. Etsy does take some small fees, but also offers credit card processing, mobile credit card process for in-person shows, and is very highly cataloged on search engines. Internal Etsy search hits are my number one source of traffic and sales at present. Also, I sell more than just dreadlock accessories and the additional demographic of Etsy shoppers is important to my business. Lots of my loyal customers are not lock'd and would not find/follow me here, note or no note. They keep up with my shop by following their Etsy feeds.

Fox2
@fox2
9 years ago
7 posts

Also, it's 20 cents, not 40 for a four month listing on Etsy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

we offer the credit card processing too the mobile though im not sure of yet you see the shop can use a number of diferent processing options and untill i enable the shops to sell

and then choose 1 of the many processors so idhave to review the oiptions

i understanbd though just thought id offer since every single 1 i mentioned it to said they would gladly shut down thier etsy and use us instead

--
Fox2
@fox2
9 years ago
7 posts

As long as I have you here in a thread, I was wondering if you'd be willing to add my shop to the dread accessories section of the shop pages? I'm listed under arts and crafts right now, which is great! But since I have a big stock of dread beads now (and listing more every day), I was thinking it would help people find me. I know things will change up when the new site goes live, but even just for now would be great! We could use the dread bead section link so people can click through directly to the dread bead part of the shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OneUrbanTribe?section_id=10443153

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form