Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair thining

Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago
26 posts

Well a lot of people have sensitive skin, however that does sounds really interesting and I will look more into it. I always just used peppermint, teatree, or rosemary. They work and smell amazing.

taye said:

Actually a bit of cayenne rubbed on the scalp is safe and clean. It rinses out clean as a whistle. It is not applied to the hair. It is applied to the scalp. It has been used for a very long time to stimulate hair growth. I don't recommend using a pound of it. I said a bit of it. Which means a pinch. It works as long as a person does not have sensitive skin.

Nathaniel Lopez said:

Please don't rub that in your hair. Your right that blood flow is very important, but there are cleaner and safer ways to do it.

taye said:

Both. Eating hot sauce is good for blood flow. Rubbing a bit of cayenne pepper onto the scalp also encourages blood flow. Make sure your skin is not too sensitive to it be fore you do it!

updated by @nathaniel-lopez: 07/22/15 10:21:15PM
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

unfortunately people with VERY sensitive skin need to be extremely careful with essential oils too.

Peppermint is good for dandruff. It is wonderful for sinus issues and upset tummies. Tea tree oil is anti-fungal. Helps heal small cuts and abrasions. It works great for minor colds by breathing in the fumes. The fumes can also keep creepy crawlies out of you hair. It is used by many for dandruff but I feel like it is too drying and can actually cause flaky skin in some instances or make it worse.

Out of the 3 oils you use, rosemary is the only one that will help with hair loss. Rosemary IS used for low blood circulation. It is also excellent for your hair. Keep in mind many people are sensitive to essential oils and need to cut them with a base oil before applying. I recommend jojoba as a base for use in hair of any type. America has the mind set that more is better, but the truth is that it only takes a drop or two. Rub it directly on the effected areas.

Personally I would still go with a pinch of cayenne. :)

Nathaniel Lopez said:

Well a lot of people have sensitive skin, however that does sounds really interesting and I will look more into it. I always just used peppermint, teatree, or rosemary. They work and smell amazing.

taye said:

Actually a bit of cayenne rubbed on the scalp is safe and clean. It rinses out clean as a whistle. It is not applied to the hair. It is applied to the scalp. It has been used for a very long time to stimulate hair growth. I don't recommend using a pound of it. I said a bit of it. Which means a pinch. It works as long as a person does not have sensitive skin.

Nathaniel Lopez said:

Please don't rub that in your hair. Your right that blood flow is very important, but there are cleaner and safer ways to do it.

taye said:

Both. Eating hot sauce is good for blood flow. Rubbing a bit of cayenne pepper onto the scalp also encourages blood flow. Make sure your skin is not too sensitive to it be fore you do it!

Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago
26 posts

Wow, um, I don't think that an "American mindset" Has anything to do with hair care. Talk about a logical fallacy lol. Anyways, thanks for the tips.

taye said:

unfortunately people with VERY sensitive skin need to be extremely careful with essential oils too.

Peppermint is good for dandruff. It is wonderful for sinus issues and upset tummies. Tea tree oil is anti-fungal. Helps heal small cuts and abrasions. It works great for minor colds by breathing in the fumes. The fumes can also keep creepy crawlies out of you hair. It is used by many for dandruff but I feel like it is too drying and can actually cause flaky skin in some instances or make it worse.

Out of the 3 oils you use, rosemary is the only one that will help with hair loss. Rosemary IS used for low blood circulation. It is also excellent for your hair. Keep in mind many people are sensitive to essential oils and need to cut them with a base oil before applying. I recommend jojoba as a base for use in hair of any type. America has the mind set that more is better, but the truth is that it only takes a drop or two. Rub it directly on the effected areas.

Personally I would still go with a pinch of cayenne. :)

Nathaniel Lopez said:

taye said:

Nathaniel Lopez said:

taye said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form