Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How long did it take for your locs to mature completely and what method did you use?

daizychild
@daizychild
10 years ago
6 posts

New to the site and just wondering how long it took for other people's dreadlocks to mature completely and what method you used, maintenance, etc.

updated by @daizychild: 01/13/15 10:05:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

went natural no maintenence and it dreaded fast very fast how long tho who can say

1wst off i pay no attention to time 2nd time distorts over the years my dreads are 24 years old the 1st 5 years coulda been a couople months from the way perspective makes it seem looking back

when your waiting on something..or in a hurry 10 minutes can seem like such a long time but when your enjoying yourself liuke at a drum circle or a gathering 5 hours flies by so fast

when youlook back over years and decades years seem so short

times really meannigless

how long it takes to dread doesntmatter whatsoever only your perception on how long it takes..and thats largelky up to you

you can choose to bedlieve its taking forever or you can mArvlke at how fast it happens

howver diferent methods do make a diference

althpough manysay natural takes the longest often its actualy the fastest

they say crfochet gives u mature dreads in a day but the reality is it drasticly delays maturity ..making them take twice as klong or more to mature

the less of a rush your in the faster it seems to happen so let it happen at its pace and dont expect it to be done by a due date and you'll be surprised by how fast it goes by

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
daizychild
@daizychild
10 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for your input! I'm definitely looking forward to maturity, though I'm not in a hurry. I'm really enjoying the experience and love everything that it has taught me.

soaring eagle said:

went natural no maintenence and it dreaded fast very fast how long tho who can say

1wst off i pay no attention to time 2nd time distorts over the years my dreads are 24 years old the 1st 5 years coulda been a couople months from the way perspective makes it seem looking back

when your waiting on something..or in a hurry 10 minutes can seem like such a long time but when your enjoying yourself liuke at a drum circle or a gathering 5 hours flies by so fast

when youlook back over years and decades years seem so short

times really meannigless

how long it takes to dread doesntmatter whatsoever only your perception on how long it takes..and thats largelky up to you

you can choose to bedlieve its taking forever or you can mArvlke at how fast it happens

howver diferent methods do make a diference

althpough manysay natural takes the longest often its actualy the fastest

they say crfochet gives u mature dreads in a day but the reality is it drasticly delays maturity ..making them take twice as klong or more to mature

the less of a rush your in the faster it seems to happen so let it happen at its pace and dont expect it to be done by a due date and you'll be surprised by how fast it goes by

taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

I used a few methods to start my dreads. I back combed a few. I left a couple in braids to knot up. I went to a gathering and had a few TnR done. I left the whole back of my head to dread naturally. I also have tons of baby dreads that have knotted on their own all over the place! It took my hair over 2 years to stop shrinking. That is when I feel that they were mature. In my experience the back combed hair became solid dreads quicker. The neglect ones took longer. After a few years it became difficult to tell the difference between the methods.

daizychild
@daizychild
10 years ago
6 posts

I'm really hoping that I eventually have some baby dreads forming. I only have 25 right now, 2 of which are tiny, and I really almost wish I would've started out with more. I started all of mine through backcomb, so maybe shrinkage will stop more quickly than that.

taye said:

I used a few methods to start my dreads. I back combed a few. I left a couple in braids to knot up. I went to a gathering and had a few TnR done. I left the whole back of my head to dread naturally. I also have tons of baby dreads that have knotted on their own all over the place! It took my hair over 2 years to stop shrinking. That is when I feel that they were mature. In my experience the back combed hair became solid dreads quicker. The neglect ones took longer. After a few years it became difficult to tell the difference between the methods.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form