Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me. I'm desperate. I've tried and tried:(

Miyah rivers
@miyah-rivers
10 years ago
5 posts
Hi! I hope you're still active as I need major help. I've had dreads8 years I'm black,feme,18. My hair is naturally thin and pretty much after I died them the first time my dreads went to shit. I had never taken good care of my hair before dreads and after dying them and still not taking good care of them they just fell apart from there. I have a patch in my head where it looks like at least 3 dreads should be yet I've never seen em fall out. I have a. TON of "double tongued dragons" or interlocked because of the thinning. I saw that you say interlocking is bad. Why? Also, is it possible for my hair to thicken up even though it's just naturally thin? What products do you suggest? Also is there a solution I can soak my dreads in to deep clean them? I went to a paint party and I've washed as much as I can out if then but it's still very much there. I retwist about once a month/3weeks and wash the same. I know white people wash their hair everyday, black people don't as it dries out our hair. So idk should I change my washing frequency? I get why retwisting is bad, tension and all but I do prefer neater dreads. Maybe I should stop twisting so tightly? I've had my thin dreads pop off from twisting too tightly. My hair is in really bad shape. I'd love to send you a picture of it so you can see. Please help. I really love my locks but it's given me bad anxiety and worry because it seems like they just keep getting worse and like I should just cut them off. I don't want to do that. Please help.
updated by @miyah-rivers: 02/14/15 03:36:55AM
Miyah rivers
@miyah-rivers
10 years ago
5 posts
On my phone and there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors. Sorry! I promise I'm not illiterate lol
Miyah rivers
@miyah-rivers
10 years ago
5 posts
The first picture is my dreads with my whole paint situation.The second is the patch in the back of my head.The third is just cause I promise despite all that my dreads can look pretty lol
Miyah rivers
@miyah-rivers
10 years ago
5 posts
Patchy :(. They're so ugly once you look at them and I'm not covering it up. My dreads are the worst and I fear they might be unfixable.
Miyah rivers
@miyah-rivers
10 years ago
5 posts
And here is the wonderful paint situation.Btw I am twisting them today because I'm rushing for a a sorority this week and need them neat and I like them beat but after binge reading the site I've decided that after this retwist I'm gonna try to not mess with them for maybe a 2 months unless necessary and even then I'm gonna twist them WAY looser. I usually get them twisted so tight my scalp gets sore.
Sussi
@sussi
10 years ago
84 posts

Hi Miyah! Maybe you've already seen this discussion, if not, I recommend that you take a look at it:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/retwisting-dreads-locs-dangers?xg_source=activity

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

stop twisting stop interlocking what you call neat is severely damaged african americanbs get tractu=ion alopecia 40% of all get it that translates to 90% who twist or interlock the scalp showing look is unhealthy its noty neat yes locticians try to tell you its neat but its diseased and to most it looksscary not neat and thats what your suffering from

wash a minumum of weekly i know african americans that wash every day and use nooils aty all you just gotta adjust to washing regularly

buttyhe twisting and interlocking gotta stop and u shiuld massage the scalp daily tio restore bloodflow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

its entirely fixable this is completelty cdaused by tweisting and/or interlocking if u stop twisting itwill recover tho massageinhg tye scalp and usinhjg biotin and washing more will soeed recovery

but the main thing u gotta do is stop twisting

wash and seperate only but u wont needto worryabout seperating for nearly a year till tye hair grows back between dreads

twistingis used to create the im going bald looik the more iu twist the more u go bvald

dont let saolons and locticiansd convinvcde u that you should be balding

dreads are a nat5ural style let them be natural

Miyah rivers said:

Patchy :(. They're so ugly once you look at them and I'm not covering it up. My dreads are the worst and I fear they might be unfixable.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

stop twisting entirely any salon that wouold twist till the scalps sore shoukld be sued especialy when you already got traction alopecisa

a sorority dont care if your baldingf or not so dont twist today dont twist in 2 months or 6 months or ever again

Miyah rivers said:

And here is the wonderful paint situation.
Btw I am twisting them today because I'm rushing for a a sorority this week and need them neat and I like them beat but after binge reading the site I've decided that after this retwist I'm gonna try to not mess with them for maybe a 2 months unless necessary and even then I'm gonna twist them WAY looser. I usually get them twisted so tight my scalp gets sore.

--
brandon paul
@brandon-paul
10 years ago
1 posts

my opinion. I would just leave em alone for awhile. Let the new growth come in. IF your gonna twist. twist all in the same direction and try using just water not gels or wax

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form