@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts

Thank you so much Jenifer!

Jenifer J said:

Cool! I missed this post :)

Best of luck on your dreading journey!

Diane Circelli said:

He does, and I've watched it and still decided to just pick and chose.. .-.

Jenifer J said:

i would either let them section naturally on their own, or section them yourself. i think the random sections make it easier for congos to form, but i also don't think it's the worst thing you can do.

i am not an expert though! and mine were *so awesome* that i ended up taking them out.

I think lazy dreads has a video on the pros and cons of sectioning / not sectioning....

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

I haven't read all the comments so forgive me if I'm repeating. This is essentially how my dread were 'made'. I TnRed The very first row at the nap of my neck, then next month the row above, and next month the row above, etc...until I gave that up and went natural anyways..Its perfectly okay for dreads to have different birthdays. Here in September it'll be my first rowsyears :) Sectioning will be the key in keeping your regular hair and dreaded hair separate. I often wore my hair up and kept my dreads down to keep them from eating each other up :) If you have any more questions feel free to ask! happy dreading :D

Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts
Thanks! And happy early birthday to your dreads! Now.. For work. I put all my hair up because it's pretty hot. Will it be alright to put my hair and dreads in one pony tail?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yea but the more iits up the slower it dreads and the more u might need to seperate to prevent a pony dred

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts
I've thought about getting a headband to loosely tie them back but my normal hair is so slick it would be more of a hassle that way.
Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts
Also a few of my dreads are already really loose. They won't fall out will they?
updated by @moon-child: 07/23/15 03:18:14PM
Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts
Ok thank you! So just be gentle with them

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form