Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

mess at work

Mercedes Young
@mercedes-young
4 years ago
6 posts

hello,

so i've literally just begun my dreading journey and am super excited. the only thing that worries me slightly is showing up to work with incredibly messy hair. i work in a restaurant and appearance is pretty important there. we have hired many people with dreads so i know it's not a problem - but the first few weeks my hair will be a tangled mess, not resembling dreads at all.

would it slow the process down to wear a bandana over the top of my head where it gets the frizziest? the rest i can just loop in a messy bun, i think. i work nights so normal they don't give a butt what we look like but i don't overly want to test the theory, lol.

updated by @mercedes-young: 01/13/15 10:05:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,526 posts

the looser it is the better

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Tia
@tia
4 years ago
24 posts

I wore a bandana anytime I went out of my home for the first year or so to hide the messiness. Once it was long enough to pull into a ponytail, I did that as well. As soon as I got home, it was let free. I didn't have any problems with it not dreading. Good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form