Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice and Experience

runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
10 years ago
32 posts

So I'm beginning my second set. I had dreads for about 14 months before I had to cut them off due to personal reasons. It's nearly 3 years later and for the past 6 months or so I've let my hair do its thing. Slowly, but surely knots have started forming. Mostly in the back and closest to the hair line I have some solid beginnings. My first set was started with a dread perm, back combing and mistakes. This time its natural. Since the rest of my head is slow to form, with some areas not knotting at all I have a question about helping them along. The free formed dreads try to pull in everyone from everywhere. I separate the best I can. Does anyone recommend grabbing a bunch of the hair that doesn't really want to join the party by twisting and rip method or continue to wait and wait?

updated by @runawayjosh: 01/13/15 10:05:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how long has it been id just wait it out once u git a few alot more are soon to come

but how in the world did u survive 3 years dreadless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
10 years ago
32 posts

Well the back has been forming for a few months. They've folded over and pretty much cut themselves in half but are very tight. Lots of others are starting to knot up, but there's plenty that are being stubborn, so I just wanted to see if twist and rip would keep the rest at bay.

For 3 years I thought back to the day I cut them off. It's been a long wait.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i would just keep going as u are if u tnr now its just a step backwards

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form