Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

End of Journey

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
Fifteen months and with a heavy heart my dedication has come to an end. The last steps of this journey is cutting of the hair & offering them up as a burnt offering. For myself this was a spiritual journey first and foremost. I didn't even know I was on the dreadlocks journey as well until I was months into it. I have been on this journey before, but never to the point of developing dreadlocks. I do not consider myself an emotional person, but I was to the point of tears when the cutting was taking place. It was as if they were cutting off pieces of my very soul. This is not a hairstyle, it is a commitment. However you come to this journey, you will leave a different more enlighten person.I want to thank Soaring Eagle and all of my dready family here on this site send you all of my love and appreciation. It was like I wasn't the only one on this journey, the support of this site really helps when you are the only one in your immediate circle that undertakes or even understands this commitment. The knowledge & wisdom of the natural dreadlocks method is without a doubt the safest and cleanest & I will be a lifelong supporter of this site. The lady cutting my hair couldn't believe how soft & clean they were. She couldn't stop commenting on how great they smelled and how she never thought dreadlocks could be as clean as mine. She asked me of course for all my methods as she had plenty of customers asking about dreadlocks. I gave her this web address and that of the Dreadlockshampoo.com site to pass on to her clients. Rest assured that I will return to this journey, though next time it will most likely be a lifelong dedication.Peace, Love & Namaste~StingRey
updated by @stingrey: 01/13/15 10:05:02PM
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Why did you cut them? They were so lovely. I understand that there are changes that we have to go through in life. I hope that you make the decision to go on the journey again !

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
My allotted time had ended, though I am sadden greatly to have ended it. They were getting very thick and starting to combine. My first journey was only a month long, my second was only a few months long. In both cases I only got to the messy tangled hair stage. This time with so many more months I was able to devote to the journey I was able to develop thick dreadlocks. All my friends that have known me the longest all agreed that of all my "hair styles" they had seen on me over the years; dreadlocks most fit my personality. I truly feel they had become extensions of my inner self, my very soul and I was to the point of tears when they cut them off & I gathered them up in a paper bag.I have learned so much this time. Not just about the care of dreadlocks and natural hair, but also of so many more issues in the world and our bodies. Our fate and that of our earth are so intertwined. Not surprising as our mortal bodies are made of earthly dust. Many of our current problems, health, healthcare cost, poverty, inequality, hunger, resource war, pollution and extinction could all be addressed by simply living a more simple, thoughtful, conscious, wholistic lifestyle as we were originally intended. I have come to reguard all life (not just human) as being precious and so I no longer partake in consuming flesh or that which comes from any flesh and now I am completely plant based.I will most certainly return to this journey, and no doubt it will be a life long one next time. I will be better informed and prepared, also I will appreciate the fullness of the journey with regards to hair.With much Love, Peace & Blessings
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form