dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New and Restarting!

Elizabeth Tyler
@elizabeth-tyler
10 years ago
9 posts

So this is my first post.

I am restarting my hair. I did the twist and rip method on my hair a month and maybe like a week ago. I didnt really section my hair ( because i break all the rules lol) and just kinda randomly grabbed. I thought I did ok on it but its one month in and I REALLY wish I had found this site BEFORE i started my hair.

I was under the impression that with free form you had NO control over your sectioning. So I twisted and ripped in the hopes of having some sense of sectioning. Fail lol. So today I decided to take them out. I sat and removed them and i am going to free form it.

I was already neglecting my twist and rips so I am pretty much in the mind set of messy bed head ready anyways.

I have curly hair naturally that I think is decent thickness. So excited to start these out the natural way and watch my hair do its own thing. Cant wait to see how it sections itself and what not. I had 34 forced and slightly painful twist and rips. Should be interesting!

Thanks for hearing me ramble. Just thought I would share considering I have been lurking on the site for about 3 weeks now lol.

updated by @elizabeth-tyler: 01/13/15 10:04:59PM
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Haha well welcome to the neglect/natural bunch. At the end we all just love dreads, though I personally think natural is always the way to go and this site has made me a bit bias, plus trying to keep it natural means for our entire body not only the hair haha. And I'm sure the majority of ppl spend a couple weeks lurking in this site before starting... i probably spend a couple weeks, took a year off and then came back and lurked a couple more weeks reading through a lot of the dreaducation and knowledge filled discussion and well its worth the time. Happy dreading!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats cant wait to see how they progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael John Heath
@michael-john-heath
10 years ago
11 posts
I lurked for months on this site before posting haha