Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nice smelling hair

Michael John Heath
@michael-john-heath
10 years ago
11 posts
Hello all, has anyone got any good tips to make the hair smell nice at the same time not interfere with the locking process? I wash my hair 3 times a week with baking soda and a drop of tea tree oil (with water) which smells nice and clean although the next couple of days my hair just doesn't really smell good.. doesn't smell nasty just smells kinda stale :/Would kindly appreciate any comments :)
updated by @michael-john-heath: 01/13/15 10:04:58PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts
You could use the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com.. Could switch between that and the BS..
Michael John Heath
@michael-john-heath
10 years ago
11 posts
Sounds good thankyou.. Don't know why I haven't been to that site before :)
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

I would recommend Dragons blood, which is a a bit strong when you first smell it but it isn't as strong for those around you. And it's one of my favorite. Another one that I really like is Patchouli, which is somewhat described as a 'hippy' smell, but I personally think it smells awesome and it is a bit more subtle and more plant/ground smell like. Happy dreading man!

Michael John Heath
@michael-john-heath
10 years ago
11 posts
Love patchouli :) thanks Jimmy DC!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

nag champa is my fave goddess for the goddesses out there they all smell awesome just a few are more subtle others alot more noticable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
@cyberbaba
10 years ago
2 posts

I provedthese. Liquid: Nag Champa - Masala wonderful smell same of the incense, Tea tree - smooth herbal smell like the mix between Tea Tree and Rosemary essential oils , Dragons Blood - Amazing smell sweet remember honey, Patchouli - awesome floral/mint . Bars I proved: Tea tree - herbal subtle smell , works great, Cedar - how sweet milk, give desire to eat, Satsuma - Orange/Citrus for lovers of citrus aromas , Dragon's blood - intense earthy aroma, Goddess amazing Floral smell, Nag champa bar smooth earthy smell and incense but diferente of the liquid. Locking magic gel Karma have a amazing smell of clove

lisasimpson
@lisasimpson
10 years ago
19 posts

I'm lazy and I buy Zum Mist from Whole Foods and spritz it down between washings. It's basically essential oils and water in a spray bottle. Shake, spritz, smell great.

Anna Blocker
@anna-blocker
10 years ago
25 posts

I mixed lavender EO and tea tree EO with water in a spray bottle and mist my hair with it every morning, keeps your scalp from getting those itches and keeps your hair fresh and clean smelling. But is light enough that it doesn't bother any knots and wont make your hair oily. :) You could use any other EO's you like but i would use tea tree or mint or rosemary in the mix to keep that fresh smell and to serve as an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal; so it helps you go a little longer between washing's too if you want it too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form