Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Considering wax or something to help my dreads..

Ixchel
@ixchel
10 years ago
597 posts

those look just fine. if you haven't seen continued progress tho how are you washing & drying?

updated by @ixchel: 07/27/15 07:46:21AM
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

I mean I've seen a tiny bit of progress, it's just been almost a year

washing with the locking up shampoo, gently squeeze it into the dreads and over my scalp then rinse it out with water at a low pressure on it

air dry

Ixchel
@ixchel
10 years ago
597 posts

maybe you should try the bar shampoo? i preferred the bar over the liquid & noticed more progress after i had switched (but it could have just been the timing). & you could try "mermaiding" in the tub instead of using any direct pressure (just swish your hair around in the water). some progress is better than nothing or reversed progress tho! you may just have a slower timeline, mine was :D try not to fret on it, just relax & enjoy the journey, love you hair for what is does or doesn't do, they absolutely WILL get there in time :D

Zach Hersey said:

I mean I've seen a tiny bit of progress, it's just been almost a year

washing with the locking up shampoo, gently squeeze it into the dreads and over my scalp then rinse it out with water at a low pressure on it

air dry

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Definitely try the bar shampoo. Lots of people say they see a step up on the progress. Somebody did a wax experiment, its gross she cut it and you can see all the residue, she washed it and did all these different things and the wax was still in the dread. I'm 14-15 months in and only the back of my head has some solid dreads, but its been slow for me aswell. Just be patient man, I think you really get to see a big difference in most timelines when ppl are closing into their second year of neglect dreads. Compare some of your pics before you started and now, you'll see a difference. Good luck man. And don't worry about what ppl say, brush it off... pun intended

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
Best thing to do is go swimming in the ocean. Everyone knows sea salt is the best for frizzing up the hair & knotting it up. Just get it straight from the source and don't rinse it out for a while. Stay away from wax, you'll regret it later if you do use it. If you gotta use something the Dreadlockshampoo.com website has sea salt spray which is great for those of us that can't get out on the waves as much as we would like. Also look into the Gel, I love the Karma scent & use it when I have to look more presentable. I'll palmroll it in gently after washing my dreads when the hair is soft & manageable. It helps tame the fly aways, frizzes & gives them a more mature cylindrical appearence.

Good luck & keep us posted. Post pictures every couple of months, you'll be able to see the progress more clearly. I don't see progress for the love StingRey time (or so I thought) until I started posting pictures then the progress became apparent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i know this is old but just came across it again and am surprised noone including myself mentioned the length factor

the fact they are still short is why they were dreading solowly and wilk take longer because they need more length to progress quicker\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form