Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Too short to start?

Mathew G.
@mathew-g
10 years ago
3 posts

So today I decided that I wanted to let my hair dread. My hair isn't exactly long, though. Should I let my hair grow out more first, or can I just start now? My thought process behind this was simple: My hair will take a while to dread, and it will also take a while to grow. Why not, instead of waiting for my hair to get longer THEN going and waiting for my hair to dread, just kill two birds with one stone and just let my hair go completely? Thanks for your time.

updated by @mathew-g: 01/13/15 10:04:54PM
Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts
Just let it go man and see what happens, what's the worst hay! :DPeace and love.
Mathew G.
@mathew-g
10 years ago
3 posts

Alright. I hope it works out. Having dreads starting in a couple weeks/months would be chill.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u can start at bald u can start the day your born (assume too late for that) typically it wont dread till 6 inches in straighter hair 1-2 in kinky hair but if ustart shorter it just might start to dreads sooner too like 4-5 inch though u shouldnt expect it to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

probly will be months if short

Mathew G. said:

Alright. I hope it works out. Having dreads starting in a couple weeks/months would be chill.

--
Ras Drew
@ras-drew
10 years ago
3 posts

yeah thats what i did. started with about 3-4 inches of hair and now i have dreadies . just be patient, that was hard for me at first, but it will happen! Just let it go and let it grow

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

mine was like 2 in on top 4-6 i guess in back i guess 4-5 maybe bout added a few beads and it dreeaded right up fast the top was shirt so dreaded a couple-few months later

--
Mathew G.
@mathew-g
10 years ago
3 posts
Yeah, my hair is really curly and frizzy. I'd say it's close to 3 inches all around my head.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form