Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

uni-dreads

Stubby
@stubby
10 years ago
36 posts

I want to share something that is comical to me. First, let me start out by saying that I am not trying to offend anyone. Here is what is humorous to me. Have you ever noticed how most people who have their hair tnr'd, are all the same size in diameter? They look uniform like the next guy. I had to stand back and evaluate all of the different ways to dread up. I chose to go neglect because the neglect dreadies, have their own unique personality. This site has made me really think about how I want my hair to look. Neglect is definitely a good choice for me. For some people tnr works, and I think that is awesome. This is just my opinion, silly as it is.

updated by @stubby: 02/14/15 02:20:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well if they tnr natural sections itsnot so uniform i thoiught this was about monodreads or unidrweadsas in 1 huge congo not uniform vs random

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stubby
@stubby
10 years ago
36 posts

well, what I was trying to say was that people who go into a shop and have their hair twist and ripped look like the next person (most of the time). I was just trying to say that I want to have dreads that don't look like the next guy.

Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts
Not necessarily true and uniform twist and rip. I done twist and rip on my own hair but pulled out random sections and have let them go naturally, they look like neglect dreads just with the head start on the sections. I guess if all depends on how you do them and what you want the initial outcome to be like.Peace and love
Stubby
@stubby
10 years ago
36 posts

Hi! I hope you are doing good today. There is nothing wrong with uniform dreads, that's why I said that tnr was awesome for some people. I just like the neglect look.

interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I agree with ms. Dowding.IF your TnR dreads don't end up falling out (although, most will) it's still how you decided to section them. This, to me makes them as unique as an all natural set. It's all up to how the person maintains them. I started with TnR and still have congos that form, as most natural sets would also. I have lose ends and blunted ends. I have sections that are a 1/4" all the way up to 1". I do agree that most people who start in any forced way be more likely to maintain more , how ever if that's how they feel most comfortable that's for them.
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts

I think TnR is a great way to start dreads- they take on their own journey just like neglect method. I agree with Stubby though that neglect does seem to end up having the most character throughout the journey simply because it seems like they definitely have to go through a few more stages. Either way, they are all beautiful & original because they are yours.

Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts

I guess it just depends on who the person is who is having the dreads. Whether they decide to maintain or not maintain and what way they go. I believe that the dreads form in their own way depending on whose head they're on, that persons character and their way of life.

Much love and peace to everyone.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

nothing is wrong with uniform dreads just nothings that woew factor ..right about them

i mean when you see 200 ppl on the street with business suites all in grey do you pick 1 out if the crown and say wow look at that with uniformityt theres no varuation that makes them stand out from the crown or be uniqi=ue when each and every single dreads unique not only soes a sinlge dread stand iut but the whole head of dreads as the mixture of uniqueness makes a far more unique look ovber all that stands out

like if 1 single dreads not uniform its like the red tie or pink shirt in the crowd but if all the dreads stand out its like the guy u=in tyedie robes sandles and 4 feet taller then everyone else.. its just far more interesting beai=utiful noticable abnd therefore...you

instead of just another bsomeone else in the crowd

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts
Lauryn's last comment was spot on... so many factors involved:)
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form