Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me, i have no idea what im doing

mark lyons
@mark-lyons
10 years ago
1 posts

Im new to dreads, at first i did comb coils for 2 months until my hair was long enough, then she took them out because i thought they were tooo skinny and im really trying to AVOID skinny dreads. My hair is now in 2 strand and i went for my 2nd retwist last week, this time she used a crochet hook and i didnt care because i thought that when they get longer they will look more maintained and sectioned... Do dreads get thicker as they grow? How can i predict the size, and should i crochet hook or tell her to stop and why?

updated by @mark-lyons: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

stop- going all together never ever crtochet them and never ever retwist both those things make them thinner and dont alow them to thickenb both are extrewmely bad for them too

and the maintwenen cew can even make u go bald

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
10 years ago
19 posts
You have African textured, coarse, curly hair brotha.. you are throwing your money away to complicate a process that requires next to no effort man.. Find a good shampoo that will rinse completely from your hair in hard water, toss the comb and conditioner, and allow your hair to work for you instead of draining your wallet giving money to people who intentionally impede the progress of your locks so that they can capitalize on and exploit you.. stop twisting, stop going to the "dread salon," stop using harsh, toxic, counter-productive methods/hair care products/advice.. be patient, because anyone I have talked to regrets the insta-dread/designer dread look..shit's weak man.. sorry man, have to keep it real.. peace brotha and good luck
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form