Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pimple like bumps around hair line? anyone else?

Shelby2
@shelby2
10 years ago
9 posts
Had mine for 5 years almost and never had this issue. I get a itchy bump under my hair sometimes that I can never see so don't worry about, but lately I've gotten a fee behind my ears, my neck at rhe base of my scalp, and all other areas of my neck. Theyre itchy so I didn't think they were pimples cuz pimples don't usually itch lol. But they're annoying and I'm wondering if I have bugs living in there or something crazy.
updated by @shelby2: 02/15/15 05:49:04AM
☪justine_yogineૐ
@justine-yogine
10 years ago
3 posts
I had this issue with my dreads, mainly around my neckline, I don't know what caused it, maybe pulling the hair to tightly and irritating the area. I just stopped messing w them stopped itching them and apply natural aloe gel to the irritated area mine cleared up pretty quickly. Hope this helps!
Katie Kline
@katie-kline
10 years ago
1 posts

I get them too around my hairline. Sometimes pretty bad. I have a lot of scalp issues from my dreads though: severe dandruff, itchiness, etc.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

I got them like the first 4 months of dreading but I haven't gotten them since. Maybe it's from the summer heat...from sweat maybe? I still gt the itchies though.

Jackie
@jackie
10 years ago
78 posts

I sometimes get little whiteheads on my hairline, but I got them before I started my dreads, so I dunno. Yours sound like sweat pimples, where they don't really pop but they look have the bumpiness of a pimple. I think if there were buggies they'd be in more random spots. Anytime I have a bump on the nape of my neck it's from getting sweaty.

I NEVER thought this could be from pulling my hair back tightly, so cheers to the person above who suggested that!!

SquidFase
@squidfase
10 years ago
24 posts

I had this problem about two weeks ago. It was itchy as hell too! I bought some of the tea tree oil type shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com and now I dont have that problem anymore. It really is just an irritation from your dreadlocks pulling/you itching.

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16&zenid=0ece6e29e23944180e53f862c4a561b4

Just If you are curious.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

do u do any root mainmtenence root tightening can cauise that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shelby2
@shelby2
10 years ago
9 posts

soaring eagle said:

do u do any root mainmtenence root tightening can cauise that

Nope I don't do any. But I wanna know that acv bs rinse you told me about awhile ago cuz that helped when I did it the first time. Ive got maintenence once abut 2 years ago and I've had my locks for 5 years natural neglect method.
Shelby2
@shelby2
10 years ago
9 posts

SquidFase said:

I had this problem about two weeks ago. It was itchy as hell too! I bought some of the tea tree oil type shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com and now I dont have that problem anymore. It really is just an irritation from your dreadlocks pulling/you itching.

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&a...

Just If you are curious.

I'll have to try that when I get some money but I use maylees garden soaps and they've worked well for itchones til recently.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

mayless id great if u dont got hard water but if u do maylees wont work

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form