Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Places to get dreads in FL (Tampa and surrounding areas)

Vera
@vera
10 years ago
6 posts

Does anyone know where I can go to have them done professionally? I'd like to do the twist and rip method but don't feel confident doing it to the back of my head and don't really have any friends I trust to do it for me. Any ideas?

updated by @vera: 02/14/15 08:41:25AM
Icky
@icky
10 years ago
8 posts

No matter your hair type you should just ditch your comb and conditioner, and go natural. But if you can't wait, try twist and rip yourself. DON'T go to a salon, they're a trap for dreads.

Spiritual
@spiritual
10 years ago
1 posts

DollyLocks in st. pete not cheap though,they have a facebook. best thing to do is to have some friends help you section and backcomb your hair...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

stay away from all salons out of all in the world less then 1% wont cause a total disaster

the back dreads itself faster then anything so theres no need to tnr the back..or front u can just let it dread

sdo not go to dollyloc

tnr is so easy to do

but is unesacary it will dread on its own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wrong backcomb isnot the best and i thought u were a rasta wouldnt a rasta know that backcomnbing goes against everything rastas believe in?

Spiritual said:

DollyLocks in st. pete not cheap though,they have a facebook. best thing to do is to have some friends help you section and backcomb your hair...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Vera
@vera
10 years ago
6 posts

I've decided to just ditch the brushing and go natural. I looked up DollyLocks and I can think of so many things to spend my money on other than a $500 doo...

My hair is straight and that's pretty much it. Even without brushing, it still looks somewhat brushed. I ditched the conditioner weeks ago, we ran out and I just never bought any more because it slipped my mind. I usually only wash my hair 2-3 times a week though. This could take a while but seems like the preferred and best method. Thanks for the feedback.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

Yeah, generally speaking, salons just want money for something you could do yourself. If you want to get locks, twist and rip generally works well.. Natural/neglect is the most simple way to do it though, and it doesn't require much work. If you don't trust your friends to do it (people you know) why would you trust someone you don't even know to do it for you? Unless your friends aren't really into the idea.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

lol.. I sent that reply before I refreshed the page to see you had already made a decision.

Vera
@vera
10 years ago
6 posts

They aren't into it, one is but he said if I dread now, I'd have little dreaded stumps since my hair isn't long.

Vera
@vera
10 years ago
6 posts

This is what I have to work with:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form