Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dust and keeping it out

Nick nesbitt
@nick-nesbitt
10 years ago
3 posts
I am about to begin my dread journey and have a big concern. I work for a tree work company and am constantly getting sawdust in my hair. Will this effect my fresh dreadies as far as the health of the dread. Also what is the best way to stop pesky dust from entering my dreads. I'm looking into getting a bucket hat or even wearing a shower cap to work.
updated by @nick-nesbitt: 01/13/15 10:04:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

satin wrap

the satin weaves fine enough to keep nmost particles out and still be light and airy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
Hi Nick welcome to the dreadlocks journey. Your off to a great start by coming to this site & getting real advice from fellow dreadheads and not some sales pitch from the other commercial sites.As for dust, I run & cycle through the forest, as long as your NOT using wax it shouldn't be a problem. Flying sawdust is definitely a concern because as your dreads mature you need to give them time to dry or you could run the risk of mold and the accompanying "wet dog" smell developing from too frequent washing. The rule of thumb is once every three days once they fully mature. Use Vicky's Locking Up Dreadlockshampoo.com, I've tried them all & her's are hands down the best.As for how to keep dust out in the first place, yeah a shower cap will work but it might be incongruent with your setting. I work in healthcare at a small mountaintop regional hospital & we worry not about dust but bacteria, spores & other infectious agents. We use medical scrubs & surgical caps. The longer surgical caps more appropriate for dreads are called "Bouffants". Here's a link to some U.S. Made quality Bouffants that not only sport a terry cloth band to keep the sweat out of your eye, but also come in camouflage & other hetero-male centric colors. You'll have to scroll through tons of bright colors & flowers. Healthcare is a very large female dominated work place. Get a bunch (at least one for every workday) that way you only have to wash them once a week. Good luck brother and keep us posted on your progress. http://www.sparklingearth.com/products.asp?category=100030
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form