Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bruiser's Dreadlock Timeline

Ryan Dixon
@ryan-dixon
10 years ago
6 posts

New to the site but have been around browsing for many months now. I got a lot of inspiration from Timelines and photos on this site, so i figured i'd post mine. I started out growing my afro for 1 year to get dreadlocks, so i tried to get salon twists put in and i didnt like the chemicals nor did i want to keep going back for retwists (scam) and all the pain. So i took a shower and they just came undone as soon as the water hit them, after two weeks of having the twists in. So after waiting about 4 more months i made the choice to try and, only this time going natural! Since i was blessed with an awesome head of hair i figured why not try. So as of 6/30/14 i am on day number 5 of my journey, all i have done is.... NOTHING. I just make sure when i wash them im very gentle and only rub on the scalp so i dont ruin any knots. My hair when wet and then dries, goes into its own sections and what looks like "coils" so what you see in the pics is natural sections and i think will make very beautiful dreadlocks. I am looking foward to this journey and love any support in the process. All it takes is time and patience which i have a lot of, just making friends along the way would be awesome!

updated by @ryan-dixon: 02/15/15 05:49:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

such amazing hair for natural dreading

even tho u get aj afro i dont think twists would have ever worked and they shoulda known that

what chemicals?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan Dixon
@ryan-dixon
10 years ago
6 posts

Thank you Soaring that means a lot coming from you. The twist i dont think would have worked unless they stopped putting the gel in them. They used Gels in my hair and when it dried it got really hard, not sure of the names but it made me never want to do it again. I didnt wanna ruin my hair just wanted proper locks but even they didnt do it correct. I was also told to use mango lock gel you can buy at wal-mart, but this time i wont use anything. Just hope my shampoo is good enough, Suave Daily Clarifying and so far it seems to be working.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

clarifying shampoos are very hgarsh ahnd toxic only safe to be used every several months u want a dread shampoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.com clarifying shampoos are residue strippers not non residue shampoos

--
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

If you can't get that, read about the BS wash in this link.. It works really well for quite a few people, but not everyone.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/baking-soda-and-sea-salt-ratios

Wishing you much love, peace, health and wealth! :D

Ryan Dixon
@ryan-dixon
10 years ago
6 posts

I will look into that, i have heard a lot about sea salt being great for your hair. How about tea tree shampoos? My buddies dad is a hair stylist and gets all kinds of stuff at very good discounts and i remember the tea tree helping my scalp out a lot before i had started my journey. So do you think tea tree is safe? its not somthing from walmart its quality shampoo.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no teatrew excelelent salon shampoos are not

they are designed to keep hair"managable" wich is code for preventing dreads

plus they are fuill of residues that are horible for dreads

u want no standard shampoos there are very few u can get away with

dr bronners if u donot have hard water is an option

if u got hard water the options are fewer

dreadlockshampoo is the besat option baking sodas agood option to start off with

boycott dreadheadshq and knottyboy dont buy a thing from them

--
Janell Draper
@janell-draper
10 years ago
9 posts

Your dreads are looking great. I wish I started out with your lovely locs. But alas I have stick straight, course, thick, Mexican/American Indian hair. But they are 9 months now and finally starting to look good. If you do like Tea Tree the www.dreadlockshampoo.com has a Tea Tree shampoo. I use it about every other time wash. Tea Tree is great for itchy scalps and to keep lice at bay.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts
Wow, you really have some amazing hair.... and lots of it! You are going to have gorgeous dreads. Make sure to keep us posted on your journey. Happy Dreading!
Ryan Dixon
@ryan-dixon
10 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for the compliments i appreciate them! Its cool to have people along for the journey. I think i will start the baking soda untill i order some tea tree from the dreadlockshampoo website. And Brandi i sure will be keeping updated maybe once or twice a month so you can really see the changes. I am going to the beach next weekend so ocean water will help a ton, and when i get back im going to start using sea salt spray ( Thanks for reminding me Holloway!)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form