Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Let It Go [Warning, LOTS of photos] TIMELINE

Earth Rose
@earth-rose
10 years ago
38 posts

I kind of thought it might inspire those who are starting their journey, or are down the road a little, that aren't feeling confident about the way their dreads are forming. This is my extensive journey, mapped from my awful "rats' nest" -as I'd been told - to beautiful, mature locks, that I love more and more each day.

My method, "let it go"....completely natural/neglect, with some string and beads here and there, to completely naked dreads.

This journey has been a beautiful and mind expanding experience, and I'm glad to share it with you all now.

5 and 1/2 years of Letting It Go begins here....

Before letting it go...

And it's going....

updated by @earth-rose: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

Thanks, Earth Rose, for this wonderful upload! Very encouraging to one who just put his brush aside this past week. Btw, do you have a favorite washing method/shampoo/stuff for your dreads?

omg, I love love LOVE the photo of you riding that vintage bike in your groovy outfit! You're awesome!

Earth Rose
@earth-rose
10 years ago
38 posts

Haha, thank youu!

And yes, I go for the Dr. Bronners tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus or peppermint, liquid or the bar. All the different scents are great, the ones I think keep my hair knottier.

I also like to keep 1 part tea tree, 1 part lavender(optional), 10 parts water in a little spray bottle. It's great for tightening as well as keeping them clean and fungus free! Also, great for keeping lice away! My neighbors had lice and didn't know it, and I was hanging out at their house all the time - I was the only one that didn't get it because I spray with tea tree daily!

Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

Good tips, thankee sai. And seriously, you look like you're having such a good time on that bike, haha!

Earth Rose said:

Haha, thank youu!

And yes, I go for the Dr. Bronners tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus or peppermint, liquid or the bar. All the different scents are great, the ones I think keep my hair knottier.

I also like to keep 1 part tea tree, 1 part lavender(optional), 10 parts water in a little spray bottle. It's great for tightening as well as keeping them clean and fungus free! Also, great for keeping lice away! My neighbors had lice and didn't know it, and I was hanging out at their house all the time - I was the only one that didn't get it because I spray with tea tree daily!

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

You are soooooo stunning!!!!

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
10 years ago
198 posts
Your locks are beautiful!! Definitely one of my new dreadie inspirations! How long did it take for you to get progress in the beginning?!
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
10 years ago
38 posts
Thank you! Honestly I'd say the first 1 1/2 to 2 years was shrinkage and locking up. And it seemed not too long into my second year that I had exponential growth for the first time. They're just now reaching to my butt! It was a worthy wait.

MamaKittyLove said:
Your locks are beautiful!! Definitely one of my new dreadie inspirations! How long did it take for you to get progress in the beginning?!
Elizabeth Tyler
@elizabeth-tyler
10 years ago
9 posts
Wow!! Beautiful hair!! So inspiring!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form