Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two dreads maintenance questions

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

First question, is cutting a dread bad? Like today i was going through one of my first couple dreads, the more mature ones, and then for quite a bit of time i have noticed that there is this big chunk of fuzz in it, which is not a big deal but I've wanted to take it out for a long time and after messing with it for a bit i realized that the more i digged into it the closer to the center of the dread I would get, and mostly due to curiosity and precaution i kept kinda stabbing it a bit with tweezers until i decided just to cut it, close to the bottom like 1/2 inch to see what was in the middle.

This brings me to my second question, in the middle of the dread there was this whitish kinda looking stuff, it wasn't a gross amount for me to freak out but rather seemed to be just starting. And after messing with it for a bit most of it was gone, but still if it was in there its probably in the rest of the dread/dreads. I fear it to be mold, starting up. would that be the best guess? or could it be something else?

I've been using the bar soaps from Vicki and before that i did the lockin up shampoo. I think I'm close to 14-15 months since I started my neglect dreads

Also last thing, it seems like everytime I wash my dreads, there's some spots, especially in the very top/front of my head where there are still not very dreaded areas that start congoing, and it seems to happen all the time after washing them, anybody has any recommendations for it? A way to keep em separated or a way to prevent this.

updated by @jimmy-dc: 01/13/15 10:04:08PM
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Last thing, I have heard about the rot knot, but I was wondering how you guys or if anybody has had a positive experience with it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

what you want to do is seperate after every wash

wait u use the bar aned at a month its already trying to congo after every wash? the liquid makes mine dread like that with the bars i very very rarely seperate

the other thing..what u were picking out u were finding further in

fuzz is hard to avoid

at the point where your picking apart your dread tryin to get it out id say leave it there but try to guess where the fuzz is coming from pillows blankets towels etc

and avoid fuzz sourrces

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yes its amazing stuff

it knocks it right out
1 use in most cases should do the trick

i used a whole bottle since mine are so long really worked it in there and was easy to rince out

smelled so yummy after too

sweet cloves ..yumm
Jimmy DC said:

Last thing, I have heard about the rot knot, but I was wondering how you guys or if anybody has had a positive experience with it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Awesome, thanks soaring eagle. Also I was wondering, now that you mentioned that we have such different results with the shampoos/barsoaps. I thought that once dreads were more mature and better sectioned, one should move into the bar soaps, or is that not necessarily right? I usually buy in a small bulk amount like three or four items because the shipping stays the same. And right now I still got a bar and a half left, so before ordering the rot knot I was wondering if you'd recommend going back to the locking up shampoo for a couple months, or just stick with the bar soaps? Thanks for the help

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form