Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends

Dreadlocks Forums

Just starting, would love some basic advice :)

Chelsea Cole
4 years ago
5 posts
I am beginning my dreads by neglect, & have a few selected twist & rip dreads started as well (I am Caucasian, & have wavy/curly thick hair, if any of that information is important!) I am planning on washing with BS/ACV, but am unsure of exactly how to do it properly, ha! How much should I use?Also, I have read a bit of peppermint, lavender, or rosemary essential oil diluted & sprayed on the scalp can help with irritation/dandruff. I have not yet encountered these, but anticipate I will! I have no experience with essential oils & was wondering is there any store I can walk in and purchase therapeutic strengths? I am in Dallas, so I have lots of options store-wise, just not sure where to head. I'd rather not purchase online, but if I must, I must ;)Sea salt spray? Do I need it now? Later? Ever? Lol if so, what is the best way to use it?Any tips specifically for the natural/neglect method? I am prepared to be patient ;) Wondering if any gurus have any tips or tricks!Thank you so much! I am excited to begin this path :)
updated by @chelsea-cole: 01/13/15 10:03:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
4 years ago
28,335 posts

well the bs/acv 1 part bs 10 parts water u can then add a few drops of teatree rosemary pepermint lavender whatever i want to the bvs stir pour over head wait 10 min thenb rinse

after rinsing put a spoonfull or 2 acv in same ammt water pour on then rinse right awqay

oils u can get drom any health food storew but many times they migtht not be essential oils even though they say they are

over there <---- just above the activity feed is the image link to mountain rose herbs where i get mine and really recomend

sea salts totaly unesacaryt but hjelps just domt over do it dont leave it onlong ..a couple hours then rinse weekly is plenty often enough

Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Chelsea Cole
4 years ago
5 posts
Thank you so much!
Jenifer J
4 years ago
42 posts

good luck! i'm new at this myself so I don't have advice, just a follow up question to using essential oils...

if i was to make a peppermint or lavender spray with EO, what ratio should I use? should that only be done shortly before washing? can i do it whenever i feel like it? i just love the smell of lavender really...

Dislike 0

Share This

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form