Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads Fraying and Breaking

KafkaX
@kafkax
10 years ago
69 posts

So the past SEVERAL months, my natural locks have been fraying and breaking and I dont know why...

Heres yet another example:

Any suggestions? Should I wrap it? Will that help this weak spot to strengthen back up over time?

I really dont understand why my dreads keep breaking and fraying like this :(

My friends with backcombed and crocheted dreads dont have this issue, and are a lot thicker, fuller and healthier than my natural locks. Seems weird to me...

Anyway, any input will be greatly appreciated.

updated by @kafkax: 01/13/15 10:03:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

are they breaking off or just getting loosespots

what do u wash with do u tie em up or back tight or with elastics do u overuse sea salt are they excessively dry

it should self heal (never tie a knot to try to fix it or it will breakl off) u can wrap it suyre

if u do u could push it up so the thin spot looops and the thicker spots meet then wrap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KafkaX
@kafkax
10 years ago
69 posts

They get loose spots, and then they break off. A few months ago, that dread was a bit tighter, and a year ago, showed no signs of weakness or fraying.

I wash once to twice a week with the dreadlocksshampoo bars. Sandalwood to be exact. I do not use any sea salt anymore, and havnt for over a year or so. I stick to the bars. I used to tie my hair back just using my locks, and Ive stopped doing that about for about a year because I think that was causing them to become weak. But they are still fraying, and getting weak spots so I dont know whats going on.

I think I know what you mean about the wrap, but can you explain what you mean with pushing up the lock and wrapping it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ok u see theres 2 solid parts seperated by a loose loopy open hole like spot

close the gap make the 2 solid partts meat so the loopy holy part mashes together or forems loops sticking out the sides

then start 2 inches above with hemp or embroiderty thread tie it around then wrap wrap wraop till u get to 2 incfhes below and fuse it together wait a couple to few months b4 removing it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form