Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A few questions.

Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
10 years ago
7 posts
I've been on here a lot the last year while I've been letting my hair grow. Although still a few questions.Should I have bands on the end of my dread to aid them in not un raveling? I used t n r method.Also, are there any good shampoo that's residue free that's sold in stores like Walmart or maybe Sally's or something.Much Love,Dylan
updated by @dylan-conaway: 01/13/15 10:03:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no bands anywhere they are very bad news

and well if u dont have hard water u can use dr bronners (very diluted) or baking soda and acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dylan Conaway
@dylan-conaway
10 years ago
7 posts
What do you mean by "hard water"

soaring eagle said:

no bands anywhere they are very bad news

and well if u dont have hard water u can use dr bronners (very diluted) or baking soda and acv

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

hard water contains undisolved heavy mineral like calcium and makes pire soaps impossible to rinse .. gloogle hard water map and your country

--
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
10 years ago
19 posts
Welcome breddah.. First, good luck in your dread journey.. Soaring Eagle is right though (as he often is), one should not use rubber bands at any point; they will thin out an area of your lock at some point and render it frail and likely to break.. In my experience with shampoo/washing/etc, Dr. Bronners is a great catalyst initially but you do want to dilute the soap and, if you have hard water, use purified water to ensure the soap is completely washed out.. After about a year I found Dr. Bronners to be a little too aggressive however.. As your hair gets longer the soap inevitably becomes more difficult to remove completely and avoid residue build-up.. I personally have found Neutragena T-gel an excellent alternative and easy to wash out even with hard water.. T-gel also combats dandruff and build-up..In addition to those obvious benefits, it smells wonderful and can be found in almost any store.. My hair texture is African so I'm not sure of any disparities between African and Caucasian and the impact T-gel would have on fine, straight hair but give it a try.. I have been very satisfied.. Again, good luck brother.. P.S. - I would stop "T n R" and use the "natural/neglect" method..It may involve more patience but it is much more rewarding.. Majority of peoples only regret in dreading is that they didn't use the natural approach.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

t gel is extremely toxic though

id use www.dreadlockshampoo.com

they all do mu dandruff good but especialy teatree rosemary

--
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
10 years ago
19 posts
Thanks breddah.. I had a suspicion that T-gel would be, perhaps, chemically bad because the active ingredient is coal tar but I haven't found a better alternative.. I will definitely try the teatree rosemary shampoo..
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form