Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help - Underside of Dreads Greasy and Gross!

Meeoko
@meeoko
10 years ago
2 posts

Hey all. I just wanted to know if anyone could suggest what to do for particularly greasy dreads on the underside of your head? I've been natty dreading for the past four months now and the top-most dreads are forming beautifully and aside from a bit of expected dandruff I'm having no problems.

The underside of my hair however is getting pretty gross. It's perpetually greasy and slick (I don't use wax of course) and as a result, the dreads underneath are having a hard time sectioning and tightening because the hair is too slick.

I wash my hair about twice a week with Just 4 Dreads shampoo and do a salt wash maybe once or twice a week whenever possible (though this isn't a concrete routing). Is there anything anybody can suggest to help reduce the grease as it's really starting to gross me out now.

Thanks!

updated by @meeoko: 01/13/15 10:03:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wash hot runse cold..i mean cold as u can stand

u can do a baking soda (no acv) soak every so often if u want that will help

and you can spray the scalp in that area with a strong thyme tea and leave it on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meeoko
@meeoko
10 years ago
2 posts

Thanks Soaring Eagle, I'll definitely give it a try. Makes sense now that I think about it, closing the pores. :)

I thought you could only do the baking soda wash with acv (which is why I haven't done it yet as that's the only thing I'm missing lol) but thanks so much for letting me know - especially if that would have made things worse! Feel very much like I know sod all about washes so glad I have all you lovely people to ask for advice.

soaring eagle said:

wash hot runse cold..i mean cold as u can stand

u can do a baking soda (no acv) soak every so often if u want that will help

and you can spray the scalp in that area with a strong thyme tea and leave it on

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form