Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hair frustration

Jacob M.
@jacob-m
10 years ago
5 posts

I have had my dreads for about 14 months now and while most of my hair is locked up and looking awesome, I still have a lot of loose hair. My hair hasn't changed much over the last 3-4 months and I am starting to get frustrated that these loose hairs haven't found a home, yet. And what is most weird about this is that I naturally have sort of wavy/curly hair and the hair that is loose is very straight, unlike my natural hair. Any tips for possibly helping me out? I'm sick of getting hair in my mouth and I hate wearing my hair back!

Quick backstory: my dreads started 14 months ago. I let them naturally section themselves, then my girlfriend at the time backcombed the natural sections a bit, then twist and rip for a few months. No wax of course, only aloe vera occasionally when I needed to look slightly more presentable. Haha.

updated by @jacob-m: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if u used the aloe semu often that would increase the fuzziness

some take a lil longer but they seem to be doing great

what are u washing with/

u know tho u will always have some loosies

it will get better try sea salt more then aloe and u should see it improving

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jacob M.
@jacob-m
10 years ago
5 posts

I was only using the aloe to smooth it out, like when I was up for promotion at my job, etc.So maybe a total of 4 applications of aloe, which got washed out later that day.I was washing with Dr Brunners but now I just use baking soda. And don't get me wrong, I am very happy with them so far, just a little frustrated that some of my loose hair isn't making any progress. I have sea salt, just unsure of how to go about applying it. I was thinking a little spray bottle. Haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

mix it so its 3.5% salt if u know the spray bottle volume you can then google how many tablespoons sea salt is 3.5% of x fl oz

or guestimate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
10 years ago
161 posts

i like to lightly twist my loose hair around the nearest dread with just water and pin it till it dries. It helps my loose hair noticeably. Many oare against twisting, but i dont think its too bad if your gentle and you dont use bad products. take it with a grain of salt, but it helps me. I do it about once every two months. IT really helps them from congoing at the roots as well. It may not work well if your dreads are really tangled at the roots already though..

Jacob M.
@jacob-m
10 years ago
5 posts

Thanks SE!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form