Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! Severe hair breakage!

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

I'm still struggling quite bad with hair breakage...every day lots of little pieces of hair break off. In the shower, even more little pieces break off. If I touch anywhere and VERY gently pull, I get a several little broken hairs between my fingers! I don't know what to do! I don't want to over-condition them and prevent the dreading process.

All I do is wash my hair. I don't mess with it; I've never crocheted, palm rolled, or done any other damaging things since starting my dreads. I've been washing with 'Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo' as it was what was in my budget. I read it was good with dreads and didn't really leave residues. The damage is from being dyed too often prior to starting my dreadlocks journey, I'm assuming.

I don't know if the condition my hair is in requires me to cut it and start from scratch due to irreversible damage, or if there is chance of rescue! Do I need to comb the few baby dreads I have out and repair my hair if there is a chance of rescue, or can I leave it alone and hope it can repair without risking combing out the progress I've already achieved?!

I am considering switching my washing to BS/ACV. Maybe the ACV will help repair my hair? I'm on a realllllly tight budget, so I can't afford much, but I know at least BS/ACV is very affordable. I plan to get more Vicky's dreadlock shampoo bars when I can afford it, but it is not something I can consider right now.

updated by @amanda-clouse: 02/14/15 02:08:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dont swutch to bs/acxv thsat will likely make it wore

do a light conditioning with any (or better all) of these

pure aloe jojoba and vitsamin e

reduce stress in your life and eat better

biotin supliments will help too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Thank you...I take Biotin, but I don't take it every day anymore! So I will start taking it every day. Where can I get pure aloe? I know where to get vitamin e and jojoba, so I will pick those up as soon as I can. How do I go about proper mixtures with the oils (how much oil to water ratio)?

soaring eagle said:

dont swutch to bs/acxv thsat will likely make it wore

do a light conditioning with any (or better all) of these

pure aloe jojoba and vitsamin e

reduce stress in your life and eat better

biotin supliments will help too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

buy a plant

--
Quillen2
@quillen2
10 years ago
18 posts

ALOE!!!!!!!

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Where can I buy an aloe plant? Whenever I own a plant, I manage to over or under water them! Is there a place I can buy pure aloe vera in a bottle so I don't have to buy a plant and potentially kill it? lol

Quillen2
@quillen2
10 years ago
18 posts

ALOE 101...

there pretty much impossible to kill, related to cactus.. summer's around the corner they'll be at places like lowes, home depot and any kind of nursery. aloe in bottle sometimes has added chemicals such as crazy scents, dyes, and/or synthetic bull.. you don't wanna have remnants of any funky film/residue in or left in your hair especially if you're already having scalp & hair issues.. baking soda rinses.. cool water.. ect. Let me know how it goes.. hang in there girl <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

pure aloes hard to find its from a health food store it will need to be refridgerated and even if it says 100% pure read the ungrediens make sure theres bnothing but aloe but yea aloe is hard as hell to kill even if u just water it 3 or 4 times a tear (u should a lil more often then that tho)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if u go to a garden shop be sure to specify aloe vera as theres 1 aloe thats a skin iritant and will make u feel like yoir on fire i theres 1000 varieties of aloe make sure u fget the right 1 aloe vera

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Okay, thank you guys so much! I'll be sure to pick one up, then! I appreciate all the help and hope this damage is reversible!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form