Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

I am New Here and To the Whole Thing

ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
4 years ago
4 posts
I got my new dreads on March 7th.I am black. I have very thick and dense hair that is naturally coilly.Before I got them, I washed my hair with Heads N Shoulders typically.My hair has certainly gotten longer. But doubt if any locking happened.I do not mind the frizzyness because I know that is normal.What I am battling with is my scalp! It is flaky and had some major dandruff issues. I mean, yes my hair was growing through the midst of all this but geez the itching and flakes got to me. My hair naturally gets drier during the winter and I stay up north in Michigan.I have been searching for more remedies for cleaning.So far I've got: 100% Lemon juiceApple Cider vinegarNeutrogena T-GelBaking SodaOil sprayI washed my hair. With the T-Gel. The tops of my head looks lime a frizz fro.And actually it looks like those frizzes can make like 2 more dreads.I am asking how do I use the supplies I have? Keep in mind I am black.I am in no way planning to give up--some the dreads at the top came a bit loose but I know once I get them twisted again I'll be fine.I wanted dreads since I was a teen. But I stayed with my mom and she wouldn't allow it. I want them because of the naturality and the battle you have in taking care of them. And I love the dreads the Mesopotamians wore.I added my pictures. One is when I first got them. The second is after I washed them. I heard of using a squirt bottle for the vinegar and such.I just need some insight and some help. So I came to a forum with some like minded people.Right now, I just want to rid myself of itching, and lower the flake frequency. I've heard great things about the ingredients I've got.i just need to know how and when I use them please and thanks.
updated by @shadesigma: 01/13/15 10:03:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,518 posts
  1. never get them retwisted! that causes traction alopecia and balding
  2. never ise regular shampoos especia;y t gel that is the most toxic shampoo there is
  3. wash more often not less
  4. www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary is what i eant
  5. never let a salon or l,octician touch your dreads

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,518 posts

if u ise baking soda itsa 1 part making soda 10 parts water 10 drops teateree oil 30 drops rosemary soak 10 min then rinse then less acv in same water like a ciouple spoonfils pour on and rinse right away

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
4 years ago
4 posts
Thanks a ton for both of you answering because I did need it!The only thing I did (I forgot to mention) is 1/3 of baking soda and hot water with 44 oz, and soaked my hair in there. I probably didn't do it long enough. But I did see the dirt and grime come off. I know flakes are unavoidable, but I don't want them hindering a positive process.What I meant by "getting dreaded" is like, them locking up. If you see in my pictures, one of them I am a frizz mess. I don't care. But I only get the retwisted every 3 weeks. So I can see the progress. I didn't know that could be bad for you. I mean, I don't know how to twist them myself. And I never thought I was in the stage where I could "let them be".So next I have to get tree oil I see.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,518 posts

dont twist them period and u can let them be from the begining

seperate using the popping method as needed

--

ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
4 years ago
4 posts
No twisting got it. I will try that method.I just went to get the tea tree oil :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,518 posts

stop using hot water too that agrftevates dandruff

--

ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
4 years ago
4 posts

So use cold or warm water instead. Gotcha! Thanks for helping me out. I might be asking for more though. And I'll check out the FAQ section more. I can tellsome progress has been made; there hasn't been much itching but some of the flakes are still there. Is that because of how spirally my hair is?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form