Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am New Here and To the Whole Thing

ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
10 years ago
4 posts
I got my new dreads on March 7th.I am black. I have very thick and dense hair that is naturally coilly.Before I got them, I washed my hair with Heads N Shoulders typically.My hair has certainly gotten longer. But doubt if any locking happened.I do not mind the frizzyness because I know that is normal.What I am battling with is my scalp! It is flaky and had some major dandruff issues. I mean, yes my hair was growing through the midst of all this but geez the itching and flakes got to me. My hair naturally gets drier during the winter and I stay up north in Michigan.I have been searching for more remedies for cleaning.So far I've got: 100% Lemon juiceApple Cider vinegarNeutrogena T-GelBaking SodaOil sprayI washed my hair. With the T-Gel. The tops of my head looks lime a frizz fro.And actually it looks like those frizzes can make like 2 more dreads.I am asking how do I use the supplies I have? Keep in mind I am black.I am in no way planning to give up--some the dreads at the top came a bit loose but I know once I get them twisted again I'll be fine.I wanted dreads since I was a teen. But I stayed with my mom and she wouldn't allow it. I want them because of the naturality and the battle you have in taking care of them. And I love the dreads the Mesopotamians wore.I added my pictures. One is when I first got them. The second is after I washed them. I heard of using a squirt bottle for the vinegar and such.I just need some insight and some help. So I came to a forum with some like minded people.Right now, I just want to rid myself of itching, and lower the flake frequency. I've heard great things about the ingredients I've got.i just need to know how and when I use them please and thanks.
updated by @shadesigma: 01/13/15 10:03:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
  1. never get them retwisted! that causes traction alopecia and balding
  2. never ise regular shampoos especia;y t gel that is the most toxic shampoo there is
  3. wash more often not less
  4. www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary is what i eant
  5. never let a salon or l,octician touch your dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if u ise baking soda itsa 1 part making soda 10 parts water 10 drops teateree oil 30 drops rosemary soak 10 min then rinse then less acv in same water like a ciouple spoonfils pour on and rinse right away

--
ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
10 years ago
4 posts
Thanks a ton for both of you answering because I did need it!The only thing I did (I forgot to mention) is 1/3 of baking soda and hot water with 44 oz, and soaked my hair in there. I probably didn't do it long enough. But I did see the dirt and grime come off. I know flakes are unavoidable, but I don't want them hindering a positive process.What I meant by "getting dreaded" is like, them locking up. If you see in my pictures, one of them I am a frizz mess. I don't care. But I only get the retwisted every 3 weeks. So I can see the progress. I didn't know that could be bad for you. I mean, I don't know how to twist them myself. And I never thought I was in the stage where I could "let them be".So next I have to get tree oil I see.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dont twist them period and u can let them be from the begining

seperate using the popping method as needed

--
ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
10 years ago
4 posts
No twisting got it. I will try that method.I just went to get the tea tree oil :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

stop using hot water too that agrftevates dandruff

--
ShadeSigma
@shadesigma
10 years ago
4 posts

So use cold or warm water instead. Gotcha! Thanks for helping me out. I might be asking for more though. And I'll check out the FAQ section more. I can tellsome progress has been made; there hasn't been much itching but some of the flakes are still there. Is that because of how spirally my hair is?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form