Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Saying hello

Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

Hey, I just joined the forum yesterday. Soaring eagle checked in with me shortly after, which was really nice. Afterwards I had to take out my rubber bands, since he said I needed to set those puppies free. It took two hours because they were tangled up in my week old locks. BUT I eventually got them out.

Ironically, I used to have butt long hair, but I gave in and cut it because I could no longer deal with maintaining it and raising three children at the same time. Biggest. Mistake Ever. Now I'm growing my hair back out with no maintenance (well, not much anyway). I'm still scarred by the loss of my hair... But it WILL grow back, and like my dad always says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" LOL

updated by @olivia5: 01/13/15 10:03:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

imagine what would have happened if u left those rubber bands in another week! not to mention what would happen if u just let the waist length hair dread naturally!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

I know. I know. Why was I stupid enough to cut off my identity, and then torture what was left of it? I feel like I've been 'abused'. Sigh...

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

Hello Olivia and welcome to the family! You are not alone with the rubber band experience. Before I found this wonderful site, in the beginning of my journey, I too added bands and to just the tips. My twist n rip had fallen right out and I thought it was the only way to get em started. My bands were in about 2 weeks and were so embedded and actually started melting in that I had to have my girls cut them out. Thank God for S.E. or most of us would've been screwed at some point. I can't wait to see some pictures of your locks. Happy Dreading!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yea those rubber bands can be trouble fast

--
Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

Glad I got them out! It's actually quite a relief to let go and just let the hair do it's thing. It's only shoulder length, so... not sure the knots I have now will last at all. Hopefully in the next year I will have something more permanent happening.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont need to it will lock ip fine

--
Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

Awesome! I was concerned it might be too short.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form