Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hats and dreads and help, oh my

Evan3
@evan3
10 years ago
3 posts
i have so many problems it's not funny.I recently got a job as a barista. Love the job. But i have to wear my hair in a bun and a hat and headset. I work everyday so it's hard to let my hair down. Can this cause the dreading process to cease? I wear the hat as loose as possible.I have hair just past shoulder length and I'm trying to get it to knot. I don't post here often but have a couple times. I have thick really straight oily hair.I started washing with baking soda to dry it and get it to begin knotting. I have a decent dread I'm the center of the back of my head and many others forming. All are on the back though. It's been roughly 4 months now of doing this and I'm halfway impressed and unimpressed with the progress. I use a gallon of water or so in my sink and get it really hot. Then I add about 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup of sea salt (real fine sea salt). stir it real well then I dip my head in and rotate around as best as I can and scrub my scalp relatively well for about 10 minutes. then I hop in the shower, soap up and rinse, then I rinse my hair well with warm water and after that I squeeze the hair out as best I can.I also have hard water. can that affect any of this? I was thinking of getting a certain shampoo to help or use but I don't know what to get ! and I wash my hair about every three days but it gets so greasy by then, and I'm afraid that if I wash daily it'll dry out too much and can kill my hair or possibly give dread rot to the stuff I have forming nowsorry to type so much I just need help! do I wear beanies and caps or not? if I have to, can I do so? I wear my buff to push back my hair at times also. that's ok right? and how do I get the rest of my head to knot ? I even switched to satin pillowcases.help please !
updated by @evan3: 01/13/15 10:02:59PM
Kharey Huston
@kharey-huston
10 years ago
18 posts
I've found that the Neutrogena brand soap that is residue free works best for my oily hair. Maybe you should give that a try.Your dreads will form slower if they are constantly in a pony. But they will dread. Wear your pony loosely and take it out as soon as you're out of work. Hope for the best.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form