my turn to twist up

quantum phyzx
@quantum-phyzx
10 years ago
7 posts

going to start my dreadventure

shaved my head bald oct 2 2012

image taken today[3/18/14]

1 question: my hair is thin on top(receding temples). will this look shitty in the long run?

thanks

wish me luck:)

updated by @quantum-phyzx: 02/14/15 05:23:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

dont twist up thats for african hair onlt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

I don't think your hair receding around your temples would look bad with dreads, for the most part the other dreads may cover it. Or even if the hair is thinner there it might stay loose and sort of flow in with the rest. A lot of dreads have the "baby hair" around the face, but I think it looks nice. :D

I think your hair would do great if you went neglect method. You said you were doing the "twist" method? Did you mean Twist and Rip?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

i agree he would do best dreading naturally twist and rips not a bad option either but twists are for african hair only and retwistying would only increase balding

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

I'd say let your hair dread naturally! The receding hairline doesn't matter, and you will look fine. I don't know why you said it is your turn to 'twist up'. People that twist their hair to start have African hair. Caucasian hair can't be twisted. If you want to use any method to start, just use twist and rip (which is much different than twisting). But I know from experience that forced sectioning can cause hairs to get pulled from the scalp, so make sure you let your hair section naturally for 1-2 weeks at least!

quantum phyzx
@quantum-phyzx
10 years ago
7 posts

as far as twisting goes. my hair is incredibly textured. it is very coarse and thick(except my temples), much so more than a lot of 'caucasian' hair on people that i've seen. i have also twisted up before,but took it out because i was in a controlled environment where i couldn't take care of my hair properly due to lack of availability of certain things(like baking soda,etc). but aside from that, twisting up is just a term used to desribe dreads in general where i live. twist and neglect will be the way i form them,just like i did last time. i took another picture only 2* hours after brushing(hadn't laid down or slept yet, either--the pic in the OP is right after i brushed my hair vigorously). my hair sections up and curls on itself immediately as soon as you stop manipulating it, so i think twisting will allow me to control my sections better. i really do not dig the congo look, i do not want it to happen to me =O

updated by @quantum-phyzx: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
If you don't want congos then separate. If you're worried about hair thinning at all then I wouldn't suggest putting any added stress on the scalp your hair looks curly and will probably section really easily to the size of your curls
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

agree its already sectuined just keep the sectuinbs separated using the popping method not twisting

--
quantum phyzx
@quantum-phyzx
10 years ago
7 posts

1st week [3/25/14],sections look bigger now

updated by @quantum-phyzx: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ZoMbIE
@zombie
10 years ago
5 posts