Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need some tips for sleeping

Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

I started my dreads approx a month ago by twist and rip method. The back half of my hair is not dreaded. After reading a lot on this site I am going to allow it to dread naturally. Not going to palm roll either anymore. Ok so I do however need advice on how to wear them for sleeping. For most of my life I have used an elastic band to pull my hair back and have even started recently wearing a bandana to bed. I hate the feeling of my hair anywhere near my face..so that in mind what should I do?

updated by @owl-lady: 02/14/15 03:40:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

toss it up over the top of the pillow close yoir eyes go to sleep

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

LOL I wish it was that easy. I toss and turn, can't sleep ...hate the feel of hair on my face. Will tying it back damage the dreads?

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Over time tying back can cause some thin-ness in the area where the band is,

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Usually, I just throw them over my pillow, but when I camp, I put them in a sleeve. Just cut off the sleeve of a t-shirt,and put over my head like a headband. I have also used a headband to keep them out of my face. But I like the sleeve better.Large t-shirt not my own.

Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

Cool thanks for the idea will find a t-shirt sleeve asap. Looks like I have a habit that needs breaking. I have been tying my hair back in a low pony tail for 10 years not only nighty but daily

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

When I want to keep mine out of my face, I use a crochet headband. I make them on the loose side so they don't squish my dreads, but they aren't so loose they fall off of my head. I don't wear them to bed, but I am sure a loose headband could do the trick without causing any issues.

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I agree. I also wear a loose headband so my hair doesn't get trapped in my sleeping bag. But most of the time I just throw it over my pillow.

Doogie
@doogie
10 years ago
321 posts
I wouldn't wear it back or anything. If it bothers ya in ur face just push it back. Dreads need movement and when u sleep is the best time for ur hair to knot. Toss and turn or not.
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Yeah the tossing and turning will speed up the pprocess if anything
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form