Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on anxiety and Rainbow Gathering

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

So I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should attend the Rainbow Gathering this year. I have anxiety which causes me to seclude, which leads to depression. I understand the importance of a Rainbow Gathering, and it's effect on the planet, but one thing and one thing only is making me question.

Anxiety. I take medication for it, and sometimes that isn't enough. So my question is this: What are some steps I can take to alleviate anxiety? I've thought about showing up early and digging to develop friendship before the crowd gets big, because as of right now, I'm most likely going by myself.

I look forward to any input :)

Thanks,

DRS

updated by @drs: 01/13/15 10:02:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

going early and plugging in is definitely the best thing to do

also its like a 15-20 square mile area (just the site not including the 800 square mile (guessing) forest surrounding it) so its not like you cant avoid crowds however just the feel there is soothing and anxiety issues seem to fade away but if they flare ip we have our healing center c.a.l.m. theresalso meditation rebirthing yoga etc workshops that all help anxiety

and ofcourse theres the fact that theres nothing to worry about there no pressures no bills no deadlines no expectations to live up to no "where is my next meal going to come from" (cause even if u cant find 1 of the 100 kitchens someone will probably bring food to you) and ofcourse lets not forget the sage.. the smidging to release all that negative energies the massages the reiki ..

and most of all the love

unless bliss makes you scared you';;ll e ok and even if not ..youll be well taken care of

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Thank you so much for putting this into perspective for me! I'm thinking about finding Sweet Om Alabama. Definitely looking for a meditation based camp. I probably won't know til I show up.

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Are there sweat lodges?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

camp in yoga meadow there and kid villiage are the 2 mellowest camps and yep theres sweat lodges theres an indigenous camp too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form