Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cleaning.

Dolly Ostin
@dolly-ostin
10 years ago
2 posts
Currently I clean my dreads with a brand of soap called "Simple soap" it's residue free, every three to four days or more often if I get mucky when I'm baking!I use Aussie Shampoo every month. (I don't want to continue this).I want to start using bicarbonate soda but I'm a bit worried. I recently dyed my hair back to its natural colour, and I've heard using BS can strip your hair.Also I want to use henna. I have pretty dark eyebrows (practically black) I don't know whether to go red or orangey leaf colours.
updated by @dolly-ostin: 01/13/15 10:02:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

yea the baking soda can strip colors so they fade faster..yea i wouldnt use the aussie stuff anymore

hennas good and healthy but id stick with your natural color i think it looks great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dolly Ostin
@dolly-ostin
10 years ago
2 posts
I like the thought of using henna on my hair as it's natural.

Plus I started dying my hair 10 years ago almost and as I am stopping using dyes and am trying to turn 100% natural and green, I love the thought of henna and would love really red hair, just not sure if it would go with my eyebrows. They are so dark.

I'm just wondering if BS would strip my dye and then my natural hair. Also if I got henna would it strip that.
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I dye my hair with henna from Henna Hut. I love it. It is red and really doesn't seem to be a problem with my dreads. Just remember henna is permanent and will never wash out or be abled to be removed.I dyed my hair before I dreaded . Check out Henna Hut good natural business.Yes BS strips any dye out of hair. You would have to use a gentle soap. I use Vicki's from Dreadloc Shampoo. Works fine.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form