Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS Ratio Differances

Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
10 years ago
36 posts
So I've read all about BS ratios on here and other places for washing your hair. And I came across a question. I've read that for shoulder length, NON dreaded hair, to use 2 tablespoons BS to 1/2 cup water. For the same amount of dreaded hair I've read it's around 5 1/2 times the amount- 1/2 cup BS to 48oz of water. Why such a larger amount of both for dreaded hair? Is it because of having the hair tangled/matted?Just mostly curious and trying to learn.
updated by @zachary-tyler: 01/13/15 10:02:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how much water is just based on how much u need to soak it i used 1-3 gallons about

the only important factor is the 1-10 ratio

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
10 years ago
36 posts
So then it's about the amount of hair. Dreaded hair having more hair so more to soak it?
Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
10 years ago
36 posts
Where do you come up with that ratio? The more I look the more I find different ratios. I find 1tbsp for 1 cup of water and 2tbsp for 1/2 cup of water.
Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
10 years ago
36 posts
Also read 1part BS to 3parts water. And another where it was 1cup BS for size of water bottle. It gets confusing. So which is right and I do I know? I'm sorry I'm just trying to figure it out lol.
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
1:10 sounds right. You don't want to over dry your scalp or have so much that it leaves residual baking soda when you do the AVC rise because that will then have a science experiment like reaction on your scalp
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form