Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Inform people with proper information about dreadlocks

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Hey everyone. So I started a campaign on causes.com after talking a bit about dreadheadhq. I mentioned starting a petition and SE suggested I check out causes.com. I am still working out all the details, but in a short while, I think we can all make this more effective.

Right now, the goal is 5000 signatures, but I can always increase the goal as time goes on. The deadline is May 1. That date can also be edited any time. We also need a full description for the campaign, so 1 person with extensive knowledge about dreadlocks would be interested in writing one up, this would be much appreciated. I have had my dreadlocks for only 5 months as of this posting, so someone with more experience would have more to say.

The campaign is to help expose the truth about dread kits, and right now there is a petition going for dreadheadhq to make our statement. We don't want other people to fall into the trap of damaging products. We want dreadies to be safe and happy. Again, everything is just getting started, so let's work together and make this happen!

https://www.causes.com/campaigns/74585-inform-people-with-proper-information-about-dreadlocks

Don't be afraid to make suggestions.

updated by @drs: 02/14/15 03:19:33PM
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

Hello DRS! I just wanted to let you know that I singed your petition but I do have a suggestion. The way you describe how to wash your hair with baking soda isn't accurate. The baking soda needs to be dissolved in water (I believe the ratio is 1-10. 1 part baking soda to 10 parts water), then poured over your already wet hair and let to soak for about 10 minutes. The ACV rinse was like 2 capfulls of ACV to a gallon of water. (If I'm wrong on the ratios somebody please correct me) Also, maybe a mention of baking soda doesn't dissolve properly if you have hard water. Shampoo does clean your hair, but leaves a residue in dreadlocks, unless it's residue free and meant for dreads. I'm not trying to nit pick but I believe if you are going to name a company for their wrong doings what you state should be completely true or accurate, especially since your linking it to this site. I hope this doesn't offend you, I completely support your cause! S.E. has given me great advice as well and who knows what I may have done to my dreads had I not found this site.

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

I agree too. I'll edit out a lot of stuff, and mention there are healthy ways to keep your hair, more info soon type of thing...

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

If I would have started out right, this petition probably wouldn't be happening. I kinda tossed the idea out there, and SE kinda nudged me to look into it. I'm still learning, so please bear with me :)

Also, personal photos of hair would be cool.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

taye said shed edit if not i will tomoro then it will take off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Awesome. I really do appreciate every ounce of help.

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

At a near stand still at the moment. Just waiting for a thing or two to be edited, then it should get going.

Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
Got an idea for this earlier, could onto dreadheadhq and knottyboy official websites and flood the reviews pages with reviews and links to the petition! There's a lot of other company reviews pages we could flood too and the owners wouldn't be able to remove them from the third party review sites. I know a lot of people research companies on third party sites before ordering anything and if they could see the information there, it could really help dissuade potential customers.
Doogie
@doogie
10 years ago
321 posts
I had an African American girl yesterday ask who put my dreads in for me. I told her that they are natural. She then said u put them in urself? I said no, all I do is wash 2-3 times a week and nothing else. I explained u know how u brush ur hair and ur brush catches those snags and she said yeah, that's ur hair starting to dread on its own naturally. She then asked if I used bees wax and I said ain't no way I'll use that crap. I told her the name of this site so she can get dreaducated. She then said she should go get micro braids and I said no. Why spend all that money when all u need is to wash with a good residue free shampoo? She said it'd be faster for dreads and I said no it won't! Just check out the website I said and nice chatting with ya. She said the same and also love ur locks.
DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

I think the reviews pages is a great idea. My only concern is how are we going to get people to read? Simple. They're coming to these sites to find out if these products are good. That's their mind-set. So, we can't just say right off the bat "Don't buy this." I'm thinking spend one paragraph on the review page explaining the anticipation of the shipment. Click here for results and further info.

We can lead them to the information, but we can't make them act on it. That's their decision. We can only hope for the best!

Doogie, I have thought recently about writing this website down and having a paper or two in my pocket for when people start asking questions. I hope this person finds this site!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form