Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

balding caused by retwisting locs in just 5 months

Kasiem Walker
@kasiem-walker
10 years ago
7 posts

I've been growing my dreads for about 5 months now and I've started balding at the top of my head. This hasn't happened before and I think I know the reason why it is now. I think it's because I've been retwisting them too much and some of them started thinning. Can someone please help me figure out how to stop this.

updated by @kasiem-walker: 02/14/15 03:26:34AM
Kasiem Walker
@kasiem-walker
10 years ago
7 posts
And I have African hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

stop twisting entirely

twisting is used to create that im going bald look it causes traction alopecuia (twuating=tension=traction) the roots need to be confortably loose and will tighten up on thier own.. but only tight as they should be twisting makes them way too tight

if your seeing probs in just 5 months youd be bald in 5 years

whats the cream u use and why do i ise ot if theres any wax (by any other name) in it then u need to do wax removal

u want no creams just some moisture replenushment for the scalp (jojoba aloe etc)

post pics

if the thinnings bad massage the scalp daily with an essential oil that stiumulates bloodflow

wash often

keep all tension offthe roots do not pull up tie back or style in anything tight

glad u found is early enough to reeverse it

it should recover in a couple months as long as u never retwist

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse you do if you didnt youd have been horibly misled as twisting only works in african hair.. but retwisting should never be done and is why almost everyone with so called manicured locs is showing signs of balding

Kasiem Walker said:

And I have African hair

--
Kasiem Walker
@kasiem-walker
10 years ago
7 posts
It's a cream I ordered online before I knew it was bad for my hair. Where can I find this oil and how can I post pics from my iphone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

over there <--- just above the activity feed (desktop version of site) is mountain rose herbs https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/?AID=122110&BID=10109 i recomend them for the oils

wow how often and tight were u twisting im going to asdd the photo to the original post, edit the title and feature it

thats an amazuing ammoint of thinning for under a year!

yes stop all root maintenance

massage that area

im going to send this to panterra hoping she will have time to look at this and help you too

--
Kasiem Walker
@kasiem-walker
10 years ago
7 posts
I was probably retwisted them once a month but I was always just twisting them when I was bored. Which I know is a bad thing. But thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

even if u just did it every 3 months eventualy youd have the same problem its the twusting that causes it ..the more u do it the faster u go bald let them loosen up let the hair regrow and dont retwist

--
Kasiem Walker
@kasiem-walker
10 years ago
7 posts
Alright. I will keep updating to let you know
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

sent panterra the link hopefully she gets to chime in on whats the best recovery plan..in this issue she knows way more then anyone

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form