Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MAD dandruff - Baking soda going wrong?

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Can't afford that... I live in Brazil as a music student. Not exactly a rich dude.
updated by @jose-kassai: 07/23/15 05:23:30AM
TattooedLady Wendy
@tattooedlady-wendy
10 years ago
7 posts

Understood.....its not really that expensive....but I totally feel ya.....good luck to you.....it will all work out....Soaring Eagle is very knowledgeable and others on this site.....Im sure you will get good advice.

Peace and Love

Wendy

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Thanks people! I'll try that once i find the oil.
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
I'm using the tea tree oil now. Is it a problem that it doesn't mix with the water (it's an oil after all)? Dandruff is receding, but my head feels mega scratchy after bath, and when I scratch it my finger smells like used socks. :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

add rosemary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

Baking soda does this to me, all though not quite as bad. No sand just skin flakes.

Initially I thought the baking soda was leaving behind some kind of white sometimes pasty residue.(I would have to scratch it off my head giving me a lot of dandruff.)

After some more toying around. I noticed this issue happens after a few days of NOT WASHING with anything as well. Using ACV without any baking soda seems to not have the sameeffect.

Anyways, I think what is or was happening to me, is I already had a dandruff/dry/itchy scalp. Now that I have long hair and am not used to it its causing me to get tension bumps at times in certain places. With my already dry scalp issue I think its making it worse :-D.

I think baking soda is amplifying the problem, by attatching to and or neutralizing the dead skin, pulling more of it off my scalp. Or it could be that its actually causing my skin to dry out further, as opposed to actually having any positiveeffects.

I had better results putting a drop or two of shampoo(No special kind) in to large pitcher and filling it up then washing with the dilluted shampoo.I am waiting on my dread shampoo bar supposed to be delievered today, so I will let you know perphaps if that helps. I am sure it will be a better option, I ordered the teatree one + another one. So I can see if it was just a natural scalp issue amplified by the baking soda, or what.

either way, I would not suggest baking soda toeveryone, it does seem to clean my hair nice, but my scalp doesnt like it at all. And yes it seems like there is a strong possibility the dandruff/white residue builds up in theend of your locks.

Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

ALSO use cold water to wash your hair with. As cold as you can handle. It seems to help keep my head from getting all super itchy.

interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
I was using the honey recipe! :)I loved it but that was before I stopped brushing. It made my hair very soft. But it did clean my hair really well and it's antibacterial. It does tend to lighten hair over time if that bothers you.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form