dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Giving dreading another shot.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

Jesse Parker said:

You have any way to post pictures? You should at least have some babies starting by now depending on your hair type.

Colyn Robinson said:

Been about 4 months since i stopped brushing and my hair is sectioned and crazy,but i haven't seen anything more than wild bedhead. Should i be seeing knotting yet or is that still a bit away?

updated by @colyn-robinson: 07/23/15 04:46:27AM
CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

All lookin good my friend, if your really impatient you should try the Lockin Up Liquid from DLS, that stuff makes your hair go CRAZY in all the best ways. :)

Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
10 years ago
57 posts

Looks good man your hair might be a little short and that can slow the process...Have you measured it at all?

Colyn Robinson said:

Jesse Parker said:

You have any way to post pictures? You should at least have some babies starting by now depending on your hair type.

Colyn Robinson said:

Been about 4 months since i stopped brushing and my hair is sectioned and crazy,but i haven't seen anything more than wild bedhead. Should i be seeing knotting yet or is that still a bit away?

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

thanks guys, i have some of the locking up shampoo, ill have to start using it more i guess.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

Well it's been almost 5 months and my hair s no longer trying to dread but instead undoing all the time and process i put into it. I see no knotting, sectioning has been slowly disappearing over the last few weeks and i really want to give up especially with hot weather around the corner. Guess my hair just isn't meant to dread.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u washing and drying with what are u tying it up or wearing hats alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

looked again if you let it grow several more inches it will make all the diferebe in the world

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

Not everyone's hair knots at the same pace. Some take weeks, some take even a year! You have to be patient. I believe everyone's hair is capable of dreading, it's natural. I hope you stick it through, I understand how it can be discouraging to not see any progress. I T&R'd my hair at first and they ended up all falling out, setting me back at practically day 1 again. But I encourage you to wait it out, it's worth it. Growing them changes you in the best ways, as a person.

Look for example at some of the timelines on here. Some people practically grow dreadlocks overnight. Some takes years before you can even see them as "dreadlocks". Anyway, good luck. ^_^

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form