Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet dreads recovery Need help and advise

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

OK so I smashed'em twice, two days in a row with wax b gone (used all of it) and I am surprised at the difference in how my hair feels, there was obviously more wax still present than I had previously thought and I only ever lightly used it twice .

My wife says that my hair feels considerably softer and not as ridged as it was. The funny thing is I used to ware a lot of beads in my hair and I haven't used them for a few months, I decided to put some back in and could only get one on, the rest wouldn't fit, so my dreads have obviously thickened.

Anyway here is a picture taken after the second treatment of Wax B Gone and air dried.

Cheers

rustdust.

8 Dec WBG.JPG

updated by @rustdust: 07/22/15 12:14:54PM
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Oops ;-) ... Picture

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wow

they look wayyyy better

umm although from the looks of it you got alot out u may want to concider anpther jar this time use less in more treatments just to be extra thourough although from the looks of it u may have gotten it all the stuff works wonders im impressed by how effective it is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Graciela Moreno
@graciela-moreno
11 years ago
16 posts

It's simple (: !
Loose hair is normal ...but maybe some of it can be caused my crocheting.
It rips hair and it caused them to stick out .
I've had dreads 3 times .. yes 3 !! lol first year, I crocheted them a lot !
and i noticed the damage it caused when I brushed them out ..
but these set of dreads I have now .. I back combed them, and stopped
crocheting .. and they locked up faster ! Believe it or not :p It's like magic haha !
I suggest you stay away from crocheting and wax ..and just let nature take its course (:
They'll come along, you just have to give it some time :)

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Yeah thanks S E with the first application my wife spent about an hour applying generous amounts to every dread and it really is a good product, it lathers up really nicely. I also grabbed a few handfuls and just applied it all over, like you would shampoo. With the second application I just did it in handfuls again kind of like washing your hair without being in the shower and I just scrunched it in very generously.

soaring eagle said:

wow

they look wayyyy better

umm although from the looks of it you got alot out u may want to concider anpther jar this time use less in more treatments just to be extra thourough although from the looks of it u may have gotten it all the stuff works wonders im impressed by how effective it is

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

I never realized that crochet dreads were an issue initially and I was aware of the issues caused by wax and stupid me tried it anyway, I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway I defiantly won't be going back to crocheting, it's all natural from here on.

Graciela Moreno said:

It's simple (: !
Loose hair is normal ...but maybe some of it can be caused my crocheting.
It rips hair and it caused them to stick out .
I've had dreads 3 times .. yes 3 !! lol first year, I crocheted them a lot !
and i noticed the damage it caused when I brushed them out ..
but these set of dreads I have now .. I back combed them, and stopped
crocheting .. and they locked up faster ! Believe it or not :p It's like magic haha !
I suggest you stay away from crocheting and wax ..and just let nature take its course (:
They'll come along, you just have to give it some time :)

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Here's one more photo after the second wax b gone treatment, taken the same day as the previous photo I won't post any more photo's, I'll give it 2 or 3 months so that I can compare them.

I've really gotta say that after using the WBG my hair is all light and fluffy :-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

im sure the diference was massive and you only used a tiny bit twice

i would love to see the diference in jonny cleans dreads after using wax b gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Man I've got a shit storm going on...seriously guys I would scare the buzzards off a poop truck...

I've got hair everywhere, I've got strait hair, I've got fizz, fuzz and fizzy fuzz, I've got dreads growing branches of strait hair in other directions, ends that are fanning and fishtailing, I've got spider webs and more looping than atrapeze act....did I mentionthe LOOPS .... its insane !

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Ah, I love loops, enjoy 'em. I loved reading this, because you were willing to listen to the advice from other members and help your dreads get healthier, and now they're looking loads better and will continue to get better as time goes on. Don't worry about the loose hair though, I combed out six or seven of my dreads so I have LOTS of loose hair, but it dreads eventually :)

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form